France Trip 2012
I'm new at this and it was suggested I posted this as a Trip Report and should have been posted as a general inquiry. So here goes again.
The following is my proposed visit in May / June of 2012. I would like to get some opinions on the pacing and whether I am too ambitious or could add more. I've tried to leave time to get back to home base each day for a late evening dinner, but I am flexible, in that if we are somewhere interesting we will stay. I will have a rental car for all times in Provence and will avoid cars in Paris.
If you see a day with some potential or know of something I should see along the way, please comment.
Any and all comments would be appreciated. Good, Bad or Indifferent.
Friday, May 25
Arrive Paris CDG
TGV to Avignon
Rental Car to Saint- Remy-de-Provence (Stay 6 Nights in Saint Remy)
Take it easy – Jet Lag day
Saturday, May 26
Sunday, May 27
Sunday was a problem -
Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer (potential for some Roma event around this date)
Chateau Tarascon in late afternoon (before 6PM)
Monday, May 28
Chateauneuf du Pape (Check out some vineyards)
Avignon (late afternoon & evening)
Tuesday, May 29
Nimes - AM
Uzes - PM
Pont du Gard - About 5 PM
Wednesday, May 30
Saint Remy (Wander around) (Market Day)
Les Baux de Provence in late afternoon & evening
(Pretty slow day overall)
Thursday, May 31
Pack up and spend morning in Avignon
Check out Cavaillon in afternoon
Finish in Aix-en-Provence (base for for 2 nights)
Friday, June 1
Cassis – for the day
Aix-en Provence for late afternoon & evening
Saturday, June 2
Aix-en Provence for morning (market day)
Move on to Apt – late morning (market potential in Apt if we make it – but no hurry)
Saignon – for lunch
Finish in Bonnieux about 4 PM
Check in - base for 7 nights
Sunday, June 3
Fontaine de Vaucluse – check out golf course near Avignon and step on the 18th
Lacoste - Stay for dinner?
Monday, June 4
Gorges de la Nesque
Mont Ventoux (lunch time picnic on the peak)
Tuesday, June 5
Wednesday, June 6
Oppede le Vieux
Some Wineries in area
Thursday, June 7
Foret de Cedres
Seems like a slow day
Friday, June 8
Saturday, June 9
Head to Avignon – early morning
TGV to Paris – 3 nights
Sunday, June 10
Versailles in AM
Paris in PM and evening
Monday, June 11
Tuesday, June 12
Provence Itinerary 2012
France Trip 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 3 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 6 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 7 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 8 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 9 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 10 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 11 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 12 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 13 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 14 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 15 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 16 10 days in England
- 17 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 18 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 19 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 22 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 23 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 24 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 25 Drawing courses in Paris