France Trip 2012
I'm new at this and it was suggested I posted this as a Trip Report and should have been posted as a general inquiry. So here goes again.
The following is my proposed visit in May / June of 2012. I would like to get some opinions on the pacing and whether I am too ambitious or could add more. I've tried to leave time to get back to home base each day for a late evening dinner, but I am flexible, in that if we are somewhere interesting we will stay. I will have a rental car for all times in Provence and will avoid cars in Paris.
If you see a day with some potential or know of something I should see along the way, please comment.
Any and all comments would be appreciated. Good, Bad or Indifferent.
Friday, May 25
Arrive Paris CDG
TGV to Avignon
Rental Car to Saint- Remy-de-Provence (Stay 6 Nights in Saint Remy)
Take it easy – Jet Lag day
Saturday, May 26
Sunday, May 27
Sunday was a problem -
Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer (potential for some Roma event around this date)
Chateau Tarascon in late afternoon (before 6PM)
Monday, May 28
Chateauneuf du Pape (Check out some vineyards)
Avignon (late afternoon & evening)
Tuesday, May 29
Nimes - AM
Uzes - PM
Pont du Gard - About 5 PM
Wednesday, May 30
Saint Remy (Wander around) (Market Day)
Les Baux de Provence in late afternoon & evening
(Pretty slow day overall)
Thursday, May 31
Pack up and spend morning in Avignon
Check out Cavaillon in afternoon
Finish in Aix-en-Provence (base for for 2 nights)
Friday, June 1
Cassis – for the day
Aix-en Provence for late afternoon & evening
Saturday, June 2
Aix-en Provence for morning (market day)
Move on to Apt – late morning (market potential in Apt if we make it – but no hurry)
Saignon – for lunch
Finish in Bonnieux about 4 PM
Check in - base for 7 nights
Sunday, June 3
Fontaine de Vaucluse – check out golf course near Avignon and step on the 18th
Lacoste - Stay for dinner?
Monday, June 4
Gorges de la Nesque
Mont Ventoux (lunch time picnic on the peak)
Tuesday, June 5
Wednesday, June 6
Oppede le Vieux
Some Wineries in area
Thursday, June 7
Foret de Cedres
Seems like a slow day
Friday, June 8
Saturday, June 9
Head to Avignon – early morning
TGV to Paris – 3 nights
Sunday, June 10
Versailles in AM
Paris in PM and evening
Monday, June 11
Tuesday, June 12
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 2 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 3 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 4 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 5 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 6 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 7 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 8 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 9 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 15 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 16 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 17 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 18 Berlin to ?
- 19 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 20 Trogir or Split
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Istria in two days
France Trip 2012