I'm reaching out in the hopes of getting some suggestions for my time in Provence in November. I will be there Nov 7 to Nov 20th, staying at a friend's place in Avignon.
He will be working during the week, so I'll be solo traveling for a lot of days during my trip. I have a list of some spots I definitely plan to see on this trip, some I'll get to see with my friend (we'll have a car on those days) the rest of the time I'll be looking to do things in Avignon or take trains and buses to other cities within a reasonable distance
Has anyone spent a lot of time in Provence or Avignon? What are you favorite things to do? They don't have to be on the Top 20 list of things a person must do in Provence, all suggestions are welcome. What are some day trips by train you'd reccommend?
Me: I love seeing beautiful towns/cities/places, meeting people from around the world, etc. When I travel, my favorite things to do are to walk through picturesque towns, past beautiful historic buildings or touring ruins, to find great food and wine (not fancy just regional cuisine; authentic), to be places locals are, and to be active (hiking/running/etc)
and last but not least, is there an expat group I should hook up with? I have a very limited amount of French (started Rosetta Stone 2 months ago)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Driving in Italy?
- 10 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 11 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 14 Super Cover For Hertz
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 Baby Milk
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Hotel in Vienna
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon