I'm reaching out in the hopes of getting some suggestions for my time in Provence in November. I will be there Nov 7 to Nov 20th, staying at a friend's place in Avignon.
He will be working during the week, so I'll be solo traveling for a lot of days during my trip. I have a list of some spots I definitely plan to see on this trip, some I'll get to see with my friend (we'll have a car on those days) the rest of the time I'll be looking to do things in Avignon or take trains and buses to other cities within a reasonable distance
Has anyone spent a lot of time in Provence or Avignon? What are you favorite things to do? They don't have to be on the Top 20 list of things a person must do in Provence, all suggestions are welcome. What are some day trips by train you'd reccommend?
Me: I love seeing beautiful towns/cities/places, meeting people from around the world, etc. When I travel, my favorite things to do are to walk through picturesque towns, past beautiful historic buildings or touring ruins, to find great food and wine (not fancy just regional cuisine; authentic), to be places locals are, and to be active (hiking/running/etc)
and last but not least, is there an expat group I should hook up with? I have a very limited amount of French (started Rosetta Stone 2 months ago)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON ANTIVIRUS 24*7
- 2 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 3 Rome hotel
- 4 Day in Capri
- 5 Villa in Italy
- 6 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 7 Help me make this possible!
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 One night in the Dolomites
- 12 Vatican tour
- 13 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 14 Places to stop/stay?
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 First visit to London
- 19 Route Information
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 22 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 23 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london