I'm reaching out in the hopes of getting some suggestions for my time in Provence in November. I will be there Nov 7 to Nov 20th, staying at a friend's place in Avignon.
He will be working during the week, so I'll be solo traveling for a lot of days during my trip. I have a list of some spots I definitely plan to see on this trip, some I'll get to see with my friend (we'll have a car on those days) the rest of the time I'll be looking to do things in Avignon or take trains and buses to other cities within a reasonable distance
Has anyone spent a lot of time in Provence or Avignon? What are you favorite things to do? They don't have to be on the Top 20 list of things a person must do in Provence, all suggestions are welcome. What are some day trips by train you'd reccommend?
Me: I love seeing beautiful towns/cities/places, meeting people from around the world, etc. When I travel, my favorite things to do are to walk through picturesque towns, past beautiful historic buildings or touring ruins, to find great food and wine (not fancy just regional cuisine; authentic), to be places locals are, and to be active (hiking/running/etc)
and last but not least, is there an expat group I should hook up with? I have a very limited amount of French (started Rosetta Stone 2 months ago)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 LIsbon
- 14 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order