I'm reaching out in the hopes of getting some suggestions for my time in Provence in November. I will be there Nov 7 to Nov 20th, staying at a friend's place in Avignon.
He will be working during the week, so I'll be solo traveling for a lot of days during my trip. I have a list of some spots I definitely plan to see on this trip, some I'll get to see with my friend (we'll have a car on those days) the rest of the time I'll be looking to do things in Avignon or take trains and buses to other cities within a reasonable distance
Has anyone spent a lot of time in Provence or Avignon? What are you favorite things to do? They don't have to be on the Top 20 list of things a person must do in Provence, all suggestions are welcome. What are some day trips by train you'd reccommend?
Me: I love seeing beautiful towns/cities/places, meeting people from around the world, etc. When I travel, my favorite things to do are to walk through picturesque towns, past beautiful historic buildings or touring ruins, to find great food and wine (not fancy just regional cuisine; authentic), to be places locals are, and to be active (hiking/running/etc)
and last but not least, is there an expat group I should hook up with? I have a very limited amount of French (started Rosetta Stone 2 months ago)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 4 UK in May and June
- 5 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 6 Spain: train/rental car help
- 7 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 8 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 9 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 Alhambra
- 14 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 15 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 16 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 22 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 23 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?