Good morning everyone,
We are planning our first trip to Provence for late September/early October. We will be flying into CDG/Paris and land at 2:15 PM. We will rent a car once we get to Provence. Can you please give me some direction with the following questions.
1) What would be a good home base in Provence to do day trips from? We plan on spending seven days doing day trips and want to see it all!
2) What train service would be available from CDG to our Provence home base?
3) Are there car rental counters at the Provence train stations that would be at our home base? Or should we train to Aix or Avignon, rent the car, and drive the car to a smaller home base town/village?
4) We are two seniors in good shape and want comfort but don't need luxury. Would you recommend a B&B or a motel or ???
5) I assume we will need air conditioning in our suite in late September?
We just returned from a similar trip to Tuscany and absolutely loved it. We are hoping for a similar experience in Provence. In Tuscany we stayed in an apartment in a farm house on a vineyard in a small town in Chianti.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 2 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 3 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 4 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 10 days in London in early December
- 11 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 12 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 16 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 17 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 18 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 19 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 20 Scotland in December
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
Good morning everyone,