Good morning everyone,
We are planning our first trip to Provence for late September/early October. We will be flying into CDG/Paris and land at 2:15 PM. We will rent a car once we get to Provence. Can you please give me some direction with the following questions.
1) What would be a good home base in Provence to do day trips from? We plan on spending seven days doing day trips and want to see it all!
2) What train service would be available from CDG to our Provence home base?
3) Are there car rental counters at the Provence train stations that would be at our home base? Or should we train to Aix or Avignon, rent the car, and drive the car to a smaller home base town/village?
4) We are two seniors in good shape and want comfort but don't need luxury. Would you recommend a B&B or a motel or ???
5) I assume we will need air conditioning in our suite in late September?
We just returned from a similar trip to Tuscany and absolutely loved it. We are hoping for a similar experience in Provence. In Tuscany we stayed in an apartment in a farm house on a vineyard in a small town in Chianti.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 6 Our future trip to Greece
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 13 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
Good morning everyone,