Good morning everyone,
We are planning our first trip to Provence for late September/early October. We will be flying into CDG/Paris and land at 2:15 PM. We will rent a car once we get to Provence. Can you please give me some direction with the following questions.
1) What would be a good home base in Provence to do day trips from? We plan on spending seven days doing day trips and want to see it all!
2) What train service would be available from CDG to our Provence home base?
3) Are there car rental counters at the Provence train stations that would be at our home base? Or should we train to Aix or Avignon, rent the car, and drive the car to a smaller home base town/village?
4) We are two seniors in good shape and want comfort but don't need luxury. Would you recommend a B&B or a motel or ???
5) I assume we will need air conditioning in our suite in late September?
We just returned from a similar trip to Tuscany and absolutely loved it. We are hoping for a similar experience in Provence. In Tuscany we stayed in an apartment in a farm house on a vineyard in a small town in Chianti.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/prodroxatone/
- 2 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Bath/Cotswolds
- 5 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 9 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 10 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 11 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 12 UK in May and June
- 13 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 23 Budapest Card
- 24 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 25 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
Good morning everyone,