We are a family with a 3yo and 6yo who will be travelling to France for a month in May/June 2016. This will be our second trip to Provence having previously spent time in the Luberon region.
Whilst most of our month-long itinerary has been decided upon, we have become stuck trying to decide between two areas where we would spend 1 week.
Area 1 - staying in Le Barroux or Beaumes de Venise in the Mt Ventoux / Dentelles de Mont Mirail area
Area 2 - staying around Les Baux de Provence in the Alpilles area
For those with any knowledge of these areas - which would you say would have more to offer a family with children (would like to spend time soaking up the atmosphere in local villages, sampling some nice restaurants/wine, doing some walking - but breaking it up periodically with something of interest for the children).
If you've got this far and can offer any guidance it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 2 Edinburgh to Skye
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 5 2017 Easter in Italy
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 9 Going to Russia
- 10 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 11 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 12 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 13 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 14 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 15 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 16 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 17 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 18 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 19 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 20 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 21 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 22 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 23 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 24 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 25 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London