We are a family with a 3yo and 6yo who will be travelling to France for a month in May/June 2016. This will be our second trip to Provence having previously spent time in the Luberon region.
Whilst most of our month-long itinerary has been decided upon, we have become stuck trying to decide between two areas where we would spend 1 week.
Area 1 - staying in Le Barroux or Beaumes de Venise in the Mt Ventoux / Dentelles de Mont Mirail area
Area 2 - staying around Les Baux de Provence in the Alpilles area
For those with any knowledge of these areas - which would you say would have more to offer a family with children (would like to spend time soaking up the atmosphere in local villages, sampling some nice restaurants/wine, doing some walking - but breaking it up periodically with something of interest for the children).
If you've got this far and can offer any guidance it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 3 Hilton CPH no loner
- 4 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 5 travel around Spain
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 French Wedding
- 8 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 9 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 10 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 11 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 12 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 13 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 14 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 15 Wedding in Finland
- 16 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 17 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 22 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 25 I may be wrong....