We are a family with a 3yo and 6yo who will be travelling to France for a month in May/June 2016. This will be our second trip to Provence having previously spent time in the Luberon region.
Whilst most of our month-long itinerary has been decided upon, we have become stuck trying to decide between two areas where we would spend 1 week.
Area 1 - staying in Le Barroux or Beaumes de Venise in the Mt Ventoux / Dentelles de Mont Mirail area
Area 2 - staying around Les Baux de Provence in the Alpilles area
For those with any knowledge of these areas - which would you say would have more to offer a family with children (would like to spend time soaking up the atmosphere in local villages, sampling some nice restaurants/wine, doing some walking - but breaking it up periodically with something of interest for the children).
If you've got this far and can offer any guidance it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 7 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 8 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 11 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 12 Shall we Gdansk?
- 13 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 14 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 15 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 16 Jewish Vienna
- 17 Short time in Vienna
- 18 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 19 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 20 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 21 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 22 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 23 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 24 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 25 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August