I'm planning a trip with my husband in late September to Cote D'Azur and Provence. Unfortunately it will be a short trip - 6 full days total. We were planning to split that in between Cannes (2 nights) and somewhere in Provence (3 nights), using them as a base and then exploring the towns around them.
From Cannes we're thinking of doing Grasse/Vence and Nice/Monaco, and perhaps a boat ride to Ile St Marguerite or do some type of sail in the area.
In Provence, we certainly don't want to miss Aix, but haven't decided yet where else to go.
Does that seem reasonable for the time we have? Are there other places that you would recommend instead of the ones mentioned above? Is it worth getting a tour guide for Grasse/Vence (or anywhere else)? Any suggestions on sail tour company that would do Ile St Marguerite or just an afternoon sail around the area from Cannes?
We're already set with a hotel in Cannes, but still looking for a charming place in Provence, perhaps a farmhouse in a winery or some place that is unique but not too remote so it's still accessible for us to go on our day trips and visit other towns (we'll have a car during the whole trip). Would love to have recommendations.
We're in our mid-thirties, love good wine, good food and beautiful views, enjoying our last big trip before the baby comes, so looking for something romantic.
Look forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hours in Zurich
- 2 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Summer Travel order
- 6 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 7 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 12 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 13 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 14 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 24 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 25 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question