I'm planning a trip with my husband in late September to Cote D'Azur and Provence. Unfortunately it will be a short trip - 6 full days total. We were planning to split that in between Cannes (2 nights) and somewhere in Provence (3 nights), using them as a base and then exploring the towns around them.
From Cannes we're thinking of doing Grasse/Vence and Nice/Monaco, and perhaps a boat ride to Ile St Marguerite or do some type of sail in the area.
In Provence, we certainly don't want to miss Aix, but haven't decided yet where else to go.
Does that seem reasonable for the time we have? Are there other places that you would recommend instead of the ones mentioned above? Is it worth getting a tour guide for Grasse/Vence (or anywhere else)? Any suggestions on sail tour company that would do Ile St Marguerite or just an afternoon sail around the area from Cannes?
We're already set with a hotel in Cannes, but still looking for a charming place in Provence, perhaps a farmhouse in a winery or some place that is unique but not too remote so it's still accessible for us to go on our day trips and visit other towns (we'll have a car during the whole trip). Would love to have recommendations.
We're in our mid-thirties, love good wine, good food and beautiful views, enjoying our last big trip before the baby comes, so looking for something romantic.
Look forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Iceland early december visit
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK