I'm planning a trip with my husband in late September to Cote D'Azur and Provence. Unfortunately it will be a short trip - 6 full days total. We were planning to split that in between Cannes (2 nights) and somewhere in Provence (3 nights), using them as a base and then exploring the towns around them.
From Cannes we're thinking of doing Grasse/Vence and Nice/Monaco, and perhaps a boat ride to Ile St Marguerite or do some type of sail in the area.
In Provence, we certainly don't want to miss Aix, but haven't decided yet where else to go.
Does that seem reasonable for the time we have? Are there other places that you would recommend instead of the ones mentioned above? Is it worth getting a tour guide for Grasse/Vence (or anywhere else)? Any suggestions on sail tour company that would do Ile St Marguerite or just an afternoon sail around the area from Cannes?
We're already set with a hotel in Cannes, but still looking for a charming place in Provence, perhaps a farmhouse in a winery or some place that is unique but not too remote so it's still accessible for us to go on our day trips and visit other towns (we'll have a car during the whole trip). Would love to have recommendations.
We're in our mid-thirties, love good wine, good food and beautiful views, enjoying our last big trip before the baby comes, so looking for something romantic.
Look forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 6 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 13 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 16 Uffizi Phone Number
- 17 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 18 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 19 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 21 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?