I'm planning a trip with my husband in late September to Cote D'Azur and Provence. Unfortunately it will be a short trip - 6 full days total. We were planning to split that in between Cannes (2 nights) and somewhere in Provence (3 nights), using them as a base and then exploring the towns around them.
From Cannes we're thinking of doing Grasse/Vence and Nice/Monaco, and perhaps a boat ride to Ile St Marguerite or do some type of sail in the area.
In Provence, we certainly don't want to miss Aix, but haven't decided yet where else to go.
Does that seem reasonable for the time we have? Are there other places that you would recommend instead of the ones mentioned above? Is it worth getting a tour guide for Grasse/Vence (or anywhere else)? Any suggestions on sail tour company that would do Ile St Marguerite or just an afternoon sail around the area from Cannes?
We're already set with a hotel in Cannes, but still looking for a charming place in Provence, perhaps a farmhouse in a winery or some place that is unique but not too remote so it's still accessible for us to go on our day trips and visit other towns (we'll have a car during the whole trip). Would love to have recommendations.
We're in our mid-thirties, love good wine, good food and beautiful views, enjoying our last big trip before the baby comes, so looking for something romantic.
Look forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Where in Greece
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 6 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 7 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Vatican tour
- 12 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 13 Day in Capri
- 14 alcazar question and seville advice
- 15 TSA Precheck
- 16 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 First visit to London
- 19 Paris travel help
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 23 Rome hotel
- 24 Villa in Italy
- 25 Mobile wifi for Europe travel