Slowly putting together our itinerary for our 3 week trip to France this summer. Have already fleshed out the Paris & Burgundy bits. Now need to flesh out the notional itinerary for Provence for this July. We went to the Cote d'azur/Nicois backcountry two years ago but wanted to see a different part of Provence (hubby especially interested in Gallo -Roman sites). We are a family of four with two school-aged kids (8 and 10). Hubby likes active activities and I like markets/checking out produits du terroir. So trying to accomodate all of our interests this is what I have so far. Looking for suggestions to make sure we are hitting the "must-sees".
I initially had one day for Camargue but swapped out for one day driving trip to Luberon since it seemed really beautiful. (Plus July in Camargue -- very hot with lots of bugs?)
- arrive Avignon by TGV - lunch in Avignon?
- drive to gite near Les Baux de Provence
- evening - Carriere de Lumiere (Les Baux)
- Glanum (St. Remy) in the a.m.
- lunch in St. Remy
- Les Baux in the afternoon (kids would like medieval crossbow/catapult demos)
- see "courses camarguaises" spectacle at the Arena @ 5:30 pm
- Pont du Gard
- paddleboarding near P du G
- Luberon - are Gordes/Roussillon must-sees? I have read mixed reviews about these towns being crowded/overrated. Should we sub out less crowded towns like Apt or Goult
- I want to see Abbey at Senanque (lavender?)
Thursday - Sunday (check out of gite - drive to Marseille for last 3 nights)
- Marseille (one day to visit Cassis/calanques); one day for beach; walk around Old Town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 3 who is in amsterdam?
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 8 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 11 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 17 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 18 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 19 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!