Slowly putting together our itinerary for our 3 week trip to France this summer. Have already fleshed out the Paris & Burgundy bits. Now need to flesh out the notional itinerary for Provence for this July. We went to the Cote d'azur/Nicois backcountry two years ago but wanted to see a different part of Provence (hubby especially interested in Gallo -Roman sites). We are a family of four with two school-aged kids (8 and 10). Hubby likes active activities and I like markets/checking out produits du terroir. So trying to accomodate all of our interests this is what I have so far. Looking for suggestions to make sure we are hitting the "must-sees".
I initially had one day for Camargue but swapped out for one day driving trip to Luberon since it seemed really beautiful. (Plus July in Camargue -- very hot with lots of bugs?)
- arrive Avignon by TGV - lunch in Avignon?
- drive to gite near Les Baux de Provence
- evening - Carriere de Lumiere (Les Baux)
- Glanum (St. Remy) in the a.m.
- lunch in St. Remy
- Les Baux in the afternoon (kids would like medieval crossbow/catapult demos)
- see "courses camarguaises" spectacle at the Arena @ 5:30 pm
- Pont du Gard
- paddleboarding near P du G
- Luberon - are Gordes/Roussillon must-sees? I have read mixed reviews about these towns being crowded/overrated. Should we sub out less crowded towns like Apt or Goult
- I want to see Abbey at Senanque (lavender?)
Thursday - Sunday (check out of gite - drive to Marseille for last 3 nights)
- Marseille (one day to visit Cassis/calanques); one day for beach; walk around Old Town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 2 ATM
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 5 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 London Hotel - Different Request
- 9 Portugal rental car
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Iceland trip report!
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 Bernese Oberland
- 19 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 24 Threat Level in UK
- 25 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!