Slowly putting together our itinerary for our 3 week trip to France this summer. Have already fleshed out the Paris & Burgundy bits. Now need to flesh out the notional itinerary for Provence for this July. We went to the Cote d'azur/Nicois backcountry two years ago but wanted to see a different part of Provence (hubby especially interested in Gallo -Roman sites). We are a family of four with two school-aged kids (8 and 10). Hubby likes active activities and I like markets/checking out produits du terroir. So trying to accomodate all of our interests this is what I have so far. Looking for suggestions to make sure we are hitting the "must-sees".
I initially had one day for Camargue but swapped out for one day driving trip to Luberon since it seemed really beautiful. (Plus July in Camargue -- very hot with lots of bugs?)
- arrive Avignon by TGV - lunch in Avignon?
- drive to gite near Les Baux de Provence
- evening - Carriere de Lumiere (Les Baux)
- Glanum (St. Remy) in the a.m.
- lunch in St. Remy
- Les Baux in the afternoon (kids would like medieval crossbow/catapult demos)
- see "courses camarguaises" spectacle at the Arena @ 5:30 pm
- Pont du Gard
- paddleboarding near P du G
- Luberon - are Gordes/Roussillon must-sees? I have read mixed reviews about these towns being crowded/overrated. Should we sub out less crowded towns like Apt or Goult
- I want to see Abbey at Senanque (lavender?)
Thursday - Sunday (check out of gite - drive to Marseille for last 3 nights)
- Marseille (one day to visit Cassis/calanques); one day for beach; walk around Old Town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임종류 ≪접속주소 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 2 Beaune France
- 3 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 4 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 5 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 advance tickets?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 14 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 A week in Paris
- 16 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 19 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 20 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 21 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 22 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!