We are going to be in Turin Italy, leaving on Aug. 10. We are thinking of taking the train via Cuneo to Nice, which is supposed to be a beautiful train ride, then renting a car in Nice to travel the backroads and explore Provence. We'd like to see beautiful villages, get away from some of the tourists if possible, do some hiking and see lavender and sunflowers if they are still blooming . We're thinking maybe 3-4 days. Anyone have any suggestions? We're not tied to the train trip to Nice, so if you think we might prefer getting from Torino to France via a different method, we'd love to hear your suggestion. After Provence, the plan is to head for Paris for a couple days then fly home. Thank you very much for your help!
Provence August Backroads
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 2 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 Porto -City Break
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 7 Prague - Tram #22
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 nearby cities to london
- 20 London hotel
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace