We are going to be in Turin Italy, leaving on Aug. 10. We are thinking of taking the train via Cuneo to Nice, which is supposed to be a beautiful train ride, then renting a car in Nice to travel the backroads and explore Provence. We'd like to see beautiful villages, get away from some of the tourists if possible, do some hiking and see lavender and sunflowers if they are still blooming . We're thinking maybe 3-4 days. Anyone have any suggestions? We're not tied to the train trip to Nice, so if you think we might prefer getting from Torino to France via a different method, we'd love to hear your suggestion. After Provence, the plan is to head for Paris for a couple days then fly home. Thank you very much for your help!
Provence August Backroads
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal in September
- 2 Looking for Feedback on Belgium/Holland Itinerary
- 3 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 Sicily 10 days
- 6 Europe with young teens
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 9 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 14 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 15 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 22 First time traveler to Ireland
- 23 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 24 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 25 Euro Train