We are renting a villa in August near Lucca. We will spending two days touring Chianti. We can get reasonably priced accommmodation at the Mercure (I'm very familiar with its location) on the night of August 14th. I'm toying with the idea of spending the 15th in Siena and watching the morning trial and perhaps the evening Prova Generale. The aim is more to soak up the atmosphere.
Hopefully someone could help me out by answering some questions as some of my party are very worried about the crowds (not me). Will it be easy to walk around the streets? What about the restaurants - will they be full for lunch? For the morning trial, is it relatively easy to gain access to the Campo, will we be able to see the horse race in the trial? How long would we be inside the campo in the morning? Is there anything else I should consider?
Thank you very much, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to experience Siena in another way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Europe itinerary questions
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Amsterdam hotels
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 Old European currency
- 15 Denmark or Sweden?
- 16 Five night Ireland Trip
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 London Hotels
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 1 month in Europe
- 25 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)