We are renting a villa in August near Lucca. We will spending two days touring Chianti. We can get reasonably priced accommmodation at the Mercure (I'm very familiar with its location) on the night of August 14th. I'm toying with the idea of spending the 15th in Siena and watching the morning trial and perhaps the evening Prova Generale. The aim is more to soak up the atmosphere.
Hopefully someone could help me out by answering some questions as some of my party are very worried about the crowds (not me). Will it be easy to walk around the streets? What about the restaurants - will they be full for lunch? For the morning trial, is it relatively easy to gain access to the Campo, will we be able to see the horse race in the trial? How long would we be inside the campo in the morning? Is there anything else I should consider?
Thank you very much, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to experience Siena in another way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 6 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 7 Final Four
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 10 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 11 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Cornwall UK
- 15 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Short Trip to Paris
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 21 Cinqueterre
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer