Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 5 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 6 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 7 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 12 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 13 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 14 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 15 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 16 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 17 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 18 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 19 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 20 Interested In Coach Passes
- 21 Could someone help me identifie this chateau in Belgium
- 22 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 25 Getting about, CAR? 21 y/o