Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland