Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 5 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 6 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 7 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 8 Italy dolomites
- 9 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 10 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 11 Scuol, Switzerland
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 14 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 17 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 20 Switzerland help...?
- 21 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 22 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 25 Sicily in a winter