Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 2 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 3 Lake Como transportation questions
- 4 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 5 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 6 Driving in Italy
- 7 Budget family trip to Europe
- 8 5 Observations About Paris
- 9 malaga to madrid train ?
- 10 Portugal in January
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 12 By train to and out of Prague
- 13 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 14 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 18 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 19 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 22 Guidebook for Iceland
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 25 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report