Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 4 Dublin to Armagh?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 7 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 8 Naxos in May
- 9 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 10 England and Scotland
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 19 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 20 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 21 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 24 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 25 France, Italy and Greec