Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 train to Vernon France
- 5 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 8 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 20 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 nearby cities to london
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 9 days in turkey