Hi, my husband and I will be travelling to Croatia in May. We are starting in Venice and then going across to Croatia for 2 weeks. Please can I have some opinions about hiring a car in Venice and then driving to Treiste then Zagreb, and from there driving around the country. The distances between towns seem managable, and I would think that it is a quicker, easier way of getting around, than using buses and trains. We want to go to Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnic, up the coast to do the islands, and then back to Venice. Any suggestions from seasoned travellers would be most welcome. Thanks.
Pros and cons of driving in Croatia
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Public transport from Ostuni
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Prague - must see
- 6 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 7 Car in Prague
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 10 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 11 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 12 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 13 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 17 One more last question on Bayeux
- 18 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 21 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report