My boyfriend and I will be visiting Ireland for 10 days, leaving Boston on 8/30/13, arriving the next morning in Dublin, and departing from Kerry Airport on 9/10/13. It will be my second time in Ireland (I went 15 years ago to Donegal and Sligo and haven't seen any other places) and will be the first time visiting for my boyfriend. I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not this itinerary seems too "rushed" (ie, I don't mind driving to destinations, but don't want to spend all of our time in the car). Looking at the map, I wish I'd chosen a different airport to leave from on 9/10/13, but it's set in stone now so I'll work around it!
Aug 30 - Leave Boston at 9pm
Aug 31 - Arrive in Dublin at 8 am. Drop off bags at hotel and check in. Walk around Temple Bar and explore a bit.
Sept 1 - Visit the Guinness Storehouse, possibly Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, etc.
Sept 2 - Rent car and leave Dublin. Visit Rock of Cashel, then head to Galway City. Check into hotel.
Sept 3 - Visit the Aran Islands.
Sept 4 - Explore Galway/surrounding area.
Sept 5 - Leave Galway and stop at Cliffs of Moher. Stay for a few hours and then continue to Kenmare. Check in in Kenmare.
Sept 6 - Drive Ring of Beara. Stay in Kenmare again.
Sept 7 - Leave Kenmare and go to Dingle.
Sept 8 - Explore Dingle/surrounding area.
Sept 9 - Explore Dingle/surrounding area.
Sept 10 - Head to Kerry Airport and depart for home.
Does this sound feasible? In terms of the items that say "Explore " " and surrounding area, we were planning on playing by ear what we do, and are totally open for suggestions.
Anything on the list that you feel isn't worth it, or even better, anything not on this list that you feel is a must and is doable based on our arrival to Dublin/departure from Kerry?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 4 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 7 Naples, Italy
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 11 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 12 French restaurants
- 13 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 14 Engadine Valley help
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Tuscany 6 nights
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 20 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 France & Italy, May or June
- 23 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 24 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 25 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?