My boyfriend and I will be visiting Ireland for 10 days, leaving Boston on 8/30/13, arriving the next morning in Dublin, and departing from Kerry Airport on 9/10/13. It will be my second time in Ireland (I went 15 years ago to Donegal and Sligo and haven't seen any other places) and will be the first time visiting for my boyfriend. I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not this itinerary seems too "rushed" (ie, I don't mind driving to destinations, but don't want to spend all of our time in the car). Looking at the map, I wish I'd chosen a different airport to leave from on 9/10/13, but it's set in stone now so I'll work around it!
Aug 30 - Leave Boston at 9pm
Aug 31 - Arrive in Dublin at 8 am. Drop off bags at hotel and check in. Walk around Temple Bar and explore a bit.
Sept 1 - Visit the Guinness Storehouse, possibly Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, etc.
Sept 2 - Rent car and leave Dublin. Visit Rock of Cashel, then head to Galway City. Check into hotel.
Sept 3 - Visit the Aran Islands.
Sept 4 - Explore Galway/surrounding area.
Sept 5 - Leave Galway and stop at Cliffs of Moher. Stay for a few hours and then continue to Kenmare. Check in in Kenmare.
Sept 6 - Drive Ring of Beara. Stay in Kenmare again.
Sept 7 - Leave Kenmare and go to Dingle.
Sept 8 - Explore Dingle/surrounding area.
Sept 9 - Explore Dingle/surrounding area.
Sept 10 - Head to Kerry Airport and depart for home.
Does this sound feasible? In terms of the items that say "Explore " " and surrounding area, we were planning on playing by ear what we do, and are totally open for suggestions.
Anything on the list that you feel isn't worth it, or even better, anything not on this list that you feel is a must and is doable based on our arrival to Dublin/departure from Kerry?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브경륜) DUS674.COM ( ¶라이브경륜/)다모아바카라 )
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 7 Rome-Itinerary
- 8 Italy bus or train
- 9 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 10 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 11 Walking itinerary in England?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 14 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 15 Greek fuel cost
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 18 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Vacation
- 21 Rouen Tour Companies
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 Praiano hotel question
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time