I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 2 Car rental leaving Rome
- 3 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 4 Safe to Travel?
- 5 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 8 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 9 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 10 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 11 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 12 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 13 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 14 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 17 Why Not Helsinki?
- 18 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 19 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 20 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 22 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 23 8 days in Vienna in December
- 24 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 25 A couple of questions which are not quite answered