I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Questions about Polish sights
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?