I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 2 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 3 Easter in Tuscany - which town to stay?
- 4 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 5 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 6 Classical Music in Milan
- 7 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 8 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 14 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 15 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 16 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 17 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 18 Sienna with kids
- 19 5 Days Galway, Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher
- 20 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 21 Tour or independent
- 22 Vet my itinerary
- 23 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 24 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 25 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais