I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 2 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 3 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 4 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 5 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 6 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 11 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 12 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 13 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 14 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 15 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 Coastal Denmark
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 23 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 24 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco