I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Proposal ideas in Basque country
- 1 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 2 London on a sunny day
- 3 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 4 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 5 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 6 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 7 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 8 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 9 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 14 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 15 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 16 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 17 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 18 Connection in Newark EWR
- 19 Battlefield Tour
- 20 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 21 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 22 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 23 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 24 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 25 Train from London to Edinburgh