In a few weeks I am going back to Italy, this time Campania. Mostly Naples but the first four days will be Positano.
After my photo workshop I will have three full days before flying home. One day I had planned to spend on Capri. My last visit to Capri was three years ago, I spent three nights there and just loved it. I hiked all over the island, had a fabulous lunch looking at the Faraglioni, etc.
I just learned that friends I met in Venice are spending the week in Procida and I am definitely going to ferry over from Naples one evening to have dinner and drinks with them.
I loved Capri and really want to go back but now I'm thinking I should just let Capri go, this time, and get over to Procida earlier and explore that a little bit and then meet up with my friends. As opposed to trying to re-visit a small bit of Capri and then boating over to Procida.
I do love the movie "The Talented Mr. Ripley" so I could look up a few spots where it was filmed. For that matter if I were to visit the film sites Ischia would be a second choice that day instead of Capri. I would have to check ferry schedules to see if that is even feasible.
So, with that:
How would you spend your time on Procida if you only had, say, 6ish hours to wander before meeting up with your friends for dinner and drinks? I'll assume my friends will have scouted dining locations or that there will be places with a view of the water easily found.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 3 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 Killarney
- 9 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 17 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 18 Walking itinerary in England?
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 21 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Day trips around Vienna
- 24 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 25 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!