In a few weeks I am going back to Italy, this time Campania. Mostly Naples but the first four days will be Positano.
After my photo workshop I will have three full days before flying home. One day I had planned to spend on Capri. My last visit to Capri was three years ago, I spent three nights there and just loved it. I hiked all over the island, had a fabulous lunch looking at the Faraglioni, etc.
I just learned that friends I met in Venice are spending the week in Procida and I am definitely going to ferry over from Naples one evening to have dinner and drinks with them.
I loved Capri and really want to go back but now I'm thinking I should just let Capri go, this time, and get over to Procida earlier and explore that a little bit and then meet up with my friends. As opposed to trying to re-visit a small bit of Capri and then boating over to Procida.
I do love the movie "The Talented Mr. Ripley" so I could look up a few spots where it was filmed. For that matter if I were to visit the film sites Ischia would be a second choice that day instead of Capri. I would have to check ferry schedules to see if that is even feasible.
So, with that:
How would you spend your time on Procida if you only had, say, 6ish hours to wander before meeting up with your friends for dinner and drinks? I'll assume my friends will have scouted dining locations or that there will be places with a view of the water easily found.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and...?
- 2 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 3 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 4 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 5 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 8 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!