In a few weeks I am going back to Italy, this time Campania. Mostly Naples but the first four days will be Positano.
After my photo workshop I will have three full days before flying home. One day I had planned to spend on Capri. My last visit to Capri was three years ago, I spent three nights there and just loved it. I hiked all over the island, had a fabulous lunch looking at the Faraglioni, etc.
I just learned that friends I met in Venice are spending the week in Procida and I am definitely going to ferry over from Naples one evening to have dinner and drinks with them.
I loved Capri and really want to go back but now I'm thinking I should just let Capri go, this time, and get over to Procida earlier and explore that a little bit and then meet up with my friends. As opposed to trying to re-visit a small bit of Capri and then boating over to Procida.
I do love the movie "The Talented Mr. Ripley" so I could look up a few spots where it was filmed. For that matter if I were to visit the film sites Ischia would be a second choice that day instead of Capri. I would have to check ferry schedules to see if that is even feasible.
So, with that:
How would you spend your time on Procida if you only had, say, 6ish hours to wander before meeting up with your friends for dinner and drinks? I'll assume my friends will have scouted dining locations or that there will be places with a view of the water easily found.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 3 day trip to iceland
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh