We will be spending a few days in December 2012 in Rome and then Vienna. We have always taken the guide books and done it ourselves to go on the cheap. Now I think it would be fun, if it is affordable, to have a private guide for a day in each city. Do you have experience with private guides in these cities? How much do you feel like they added to your experience? How much did they charge. I remember a number of Fodorites raving about someone named Michael Orsmond (I think) in Paris. He really impressed the people who hored him with how much he added. Now the question is about Rome and Vienna. Thanks for your Comments.
Private Guides in Rome and Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 3 Iwango went…to Nice
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 5 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 6 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 9 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 10 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 11 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 14 Granada
- 15 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 16 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Pyrenees logistics
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 25 All Set To Go!!