We will be spending a few days in December 2012 in Rome and then Vienna. We have always taken the guide books and done it ourselves to go on the cheap. Now I think it would be fun, if it is affordable, to have a private guide for a day in each city. Do you have experience with private guides in these cities? How much do you feel like they added to your experience? How much did they charge. I remember a number of Fodorites raving about someone named Michael Orsmond (I think) in Paris. He really impressed the people who hored him with how much he added. Now the question is about Rome and Vienna. Thanks for your Comments.
Private Guides in Rome and Vienna
- 1 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 2 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 3 Home base in Provence in July
- 4 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 5 Revamped Summer Plan - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 6 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 7 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 8 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 9 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 10 Northern Italy
- 11 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 12 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 13 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 14 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 15 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 16 Best area for wine and which one?
- 17 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 18 Four days to wander France???
- 19 jungfraujoch mid june
- 20 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 21 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Drive Rome Florence
- 24 Barcelona
- 25 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris