We will be spending a few days in December 2012 in Rome and then Vienna. We have always taken the guide books and done it ourselves to go on the cheap. Now I think it would be fun, if it is affordable, to have a private guide for a day in each city. Do you have experience with private guides in these cities? How much do you feel like they added to your experience? How much did they charge. I remember a number of Fodorites raving about someone named Michael Orsmond (I think) in Paris. He really impressed the people who hored him with how much he added. Now the question is about Rome and Vienna. Thanks for your Comments.
Private Guides in Rome and Vienna
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 5 Three for the road
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 8 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 9 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 10 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 11 Itinerary Questions
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 British drivers
- 16 Portugal in September
- 17 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 20 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 21 Place to propose
- 22 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 25 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?