We will be spending a few days in December 2012 in Rome and then Vienna. We have always taken the guide books and done it ourselves to go on the cheap. Now I think it would be fun, if it is affordable, to have a private guide for a day in each city. Do you have experience with private guides in these cities? How much do you feel like they added to your experience? How much did they charge. I remember a number of Fodorites raving about someone named Michael Orsmond (I think) in Paris. He really impressed the people who hored him with how much he added. Now the question is about Rome and Vienna. Thanks for your Comments.
Private Guides in Rome and Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Stay near Paris
- 6 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 7 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 italy
- 15 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 16 Side trip from Geneva
- 17 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 20 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 21 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Getting to San Seb from Madrid