I have a reservation for my husband and I at the Prinzregent an der Messe Hotel on May 17th for one night.
We will be arriving from Salzburg, checking-in and going to Munich city centre for a tour at 10 am at Marienplatz.
Here are my questions:
1) Is it ok to stay in this hotel (Riemer Strasse 350, 81829 Munich, Bavaria, Germany, 8.8 km from city centre), would it allow me to get at 10 am at Marienplatz ? We were thinking about leaving the car at the hotel, and get to the Marienplatz by public transportation. Do you think the location will allow us to do that? How long will it take. the hotel web page says
2) If we finally stay at that hotel, what would be the easiest way (and good benefit-cost alternative) to be at 10 am at the Marienplatz? Would it be better to check-in at the hotel, leave the bags and drive somewhere where we leave the car and take the metro? What would be the cost and the time we should allocate?
3) Do you think there are better hotel alternatives (desirable with the German flavor) closer to the centre of the city. Please, consider the parking cost.
Why we chose this hotel?
It is supposed to have the German flavor, plus it offers some nice details, such as fine bedding, sauna, rich breakfast (including salmon and bavarian specialties). We think we could get pampered for a very decent price (130 euros per night plus 12 euros parking or ...get a space for free outside the street -I don't know if that's possible-).
We still don't know whether we may be better off by getting closer to the city centre, and skip the German flavor and the pampering ... actually it is just one night, and there may be no time to get the benefits. However, we are afraid that the parking space at the center of the city may be too expensive. We also saw Splendid Dollman (closer, still not at the city centre) but more expensive (155 euros plus parking cost, I think around 20 euros, or almost free if you catch a parking space outside), Novotel Munchen City (no german flavor, but swimming pool, and closer to the city), Novotel Munchen Messe, etc.
Can you help us on giving us information how we could do? Either staying half way or staying at the centre of Munich, maybe leaving the car at good parking close to metro station that is not very expensive?
thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 AMS Car Rental
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Milan and Lake Como
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 21 One week in Europe
- 22 Budapest to Kosice
- 23 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 24 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
Prinzregent An Der Messe Hotel? Hotel for Munchen for one night with car