I have a reservation for my husband and I at the Prinzregent an der Messe Hotel on May 17th for one night.
We will be arriving from Salzburg, checking-in and going to Munich city centre for a tour at 10 am at Marienplatz.
Here are my questions:
1) Is it ok to stay in this hotel (Riemer Strasse 350, 81829 Munich, Bavaria, Germany, 8.8 km from city centre), would it allow me to get at 10 am at Marienplatz ? We were thinking about leaving the car at the hotel, and get to the Marienplatz by public transportation. Do you think the location will allow us to do that? How long will it take. the hotel web page says
2) If we finally stay at that hotel, what would be the easiest way (and good benefit-cost alternative) to be at 10 am at the Marienplatz? Would it be better to check-in at the hotel, leave the bags and drive somewhere where we leave the car and take the metro? What would be the cost and the time we should allocate?
3) Do you think there are better hotel alternatives (desirable with the German flavor) closer to the centre of the city. Please, consider the parking cost.
Why we chose this hotel?
It is supposed to have the German flavor, plus it offers some nice details, such as fine bedding, sauna, rich breakfast (including salmon and bavarian specialties). We think we could get pampered for a very decent price (130 euros per night plus 12 euros parking or ...get a space for free outside the street -I don't know if that's possible-).
We still don't know whether we may be better off by getting closer to the city centre, and skip the German flavor and the pampering ... actually it is just one night, and there may be no time to get the benefits. However, we are afraid that the parking space at the center of the city may be too expensive. We also saw Splendid Dollman (closer, still not at the city centre) but more expensive (155 euros plus parking cost, I think around 20 euros, or almost free if you catch a parking space outside), Novotel Munchen City (no german flavor, but swimming pool, and closer to the city), Novotel Munchen Messe, etc.
Can you help us on giving us information how we could do? Either staying half way or staying at the centre of Munich, maybe leaving the car at good parking close to metro station that is not very expensive?
thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마카오카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 2 인터넷카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 3 라이브카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 4 생방송카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 5 생중계카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 6 와와카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 7 온라인카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 8 실시간카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 9 아시안카지노"(ル)【 ＹＡ５６９。COM 】(ル)"슈퍼카지노
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 12 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 13 Ludwig Castles
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Escorted Tours
- 16 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 17 2 Months in Sicily
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 What tips can you give about packing?
- 20 Le Marche, Italy
- 21 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 22 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 23 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 24 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 25 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
Prinzregent An Der Messe Hotel? Hotel for Munchen for one night with car