I will be travelling by train from Zurich to Thun with my wife and 2 children, staying for a few days then travelling on to Geneva from where we fly out to the UK.
My question is, should I prebook my train tickets online in order to benefit from any discount or is there not much difference in price between purchasing tickets online and buying them on the day of travel?
I would rather buy them on the day to give us a little more flexibility but naturally I would like to benefit from any discount if it is worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 7 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 8 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 9 Towersey, London
- 10 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 11 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 21 A few days outside Rome
- 22 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 Paris Metro
Prebook SwissRail tickets online or purchase at the station?