I will be travelling by train from Zurich to Thun with my wife and 2 children, staying for a few days then travelling on to Geneva from where we fly out to the UK.
My question is, should I prebook my train tickets online in order to benefit from any discount or is there not much difference in price between purchasing tickets online and buying them on the day of travel?
I would rather buy them on the day to give us a little more flexibility but naturally I would like to benefit from any discount if it is worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Help with Ireland Trip
- 3 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 4 Cappadocia in June
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Ibiiza Spain
- 10 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 11 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 12 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 13 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
Prebook SwissRail tickets online or purchase at the station?