I will be travelling by train from Zurich to Thun with my wife and 2 children, staying for a few days then travelling on to Geneva from where we fly out to the UK.
My question is, should I prebook my train tickets online in order to benefit from any discount or is there not much difference in price between purchasing tickets online and buying them on the day of travel?
I would rather buy them on the day to give us a little more flexibility but naturally I would like to benefit from any discount if it is worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Germany-Car or Train
- 7 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 8 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 WWI sites
- 16 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Paris in August
- 19 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Brussels flower tapestry
- 23 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
Prebook SwissRail tickets online or purchase at the station?