Hello all -
I will be embarking on a eurotrip this July and I am in the act of booking all of the lodging accommodations. I want to buy everything that I can buy before the trip so most to all of my money can be strictly spending money and I won't have to worry about budgeting myself. One of the things I've found difficulty in is buying train tickets ahead of time. Is there some sort of big memo I'm missing out on? I was told this was possible. Every website I've tried for any of my point-to-point connections tell me it is not possible to buy the ticket ahead of time. What do you guys do to buy tickets ahead of time? Or is this buying train tickets in advance thing simply a myth?
I have tried to buy all of these tickets but none have proved successful:
Amsterdam > Berlin (July 12)
Berlin > Prague (July 21)
Prague > Budapest (July 24)
Budapest > Zagreb (July 27)
Can anyone explain to me why it hasn't been working or provide a solution? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Verona or Athens?
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 6 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 9 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 10 European Cooking Secrets
- 11 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 12 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 13 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 14 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 15 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 16 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 17 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 18 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 21 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 22 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
Hello all -