Hello all -
I will be embarking on a eurotrip this July and I am in the act of booking all of the lodging accommodations. I want to buy everything that I can buy before the trip so most to all of my money can be strictly spending money and I won't have to worry about budgeting myself. One of the things I've found difficulty in is buying train tickets ahead of time. Is there some sort of big memo I'm missing out on? I was told this was possible. Every website I've tried for any of my point-to-point connections tell me it is not possible to buy the ticket ahead of time. What do you guys do to buy tickets ahead of time? Or is this buying train tickets in advance thing simply a myth?
I have tried to buy all of these tickets but none have proved successful:
Amsterdam > Berlin (July 12)
Berlin > Prague (July 21)
Prague > Budapest (July 24)
Budapest > Zagreb (July 27)
Can anyone explain to me why it hasn't been working or provide a solution? Thank you.
Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 2 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 3 Iwango went…to Nice
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Northern Europe in April-May
- 6 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 7 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 8 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 9 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 10 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 caroline_venezia
- 13 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 16 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 17 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 21 Italy dolomites
- 22 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 25 Switzerland help...?