Yesterday I pre-booked a flight from Barcelona to San Sebastian and a friend (co-traveller) mentioned she thought it was unnecessary to pre-book.
My understanding is that it isn't necessary on some services, but on fast trains such as AVE (which the above trip is) you should pre-book because the prices can and do increase closer to the travel date.
So, I am wondering about whether or not to pre-book (whether the price will go up) for the following services:
1. Antibes to Monterosso (It appears that you can book part of the way here through the Italian Thello, which looks nice and flash and like a fast train service? However you can also book that on SNCF or the (regional?) Trenitalia (I think Thello is still part of Trenitalia though so am confused as to the different options. All services seem to take as long in the end, despite going different routes).
2. Monterosso to Padua
3. Padua to Rome OR Verona to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 2 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 3 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 9 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 10 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Sim Card Options
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Day trip ideas
- 20 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 23 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 roaming Prague...but for how long?