Yesterday I pre-booked a flight from Barcelona to San Sebastian and a friend (co-traveller) mentioned she thought it was unnecessary to pre-book.
My understanding is that it isn't necessary on some services, but on fast trains such as AVE (which the above trip is) you should pre-book because the prices can and do increase closer to the travel date.
So, I am wondering about whether or not to pre-book (whether the price will go up) for the following services:
1. Antibes to Monterosso (It appears that you can book part of the way here through the Italian Thello, which looks nice and flash and like a fast train service? However you can also book that on SNCF or the (regional?) Trenitalia (I think Thello is still part of Trenitalia though so am confused as to the different options. All services seem to take as long in the end, despite going different routes).
2. Monterosso to Padua
3. Padua to Rome OR Verona to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 2 Spain and South of France
- 3 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 4 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 5 Prague itinerary advice
- 6 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 7 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 8 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 9 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 17 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 23 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 24 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 25 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March