My husband and I are travelling through italy for two weeks during the end of June/beginning of July (aka busy season). We are flying into Rome...
-Taking a train into Florence (well, specifically Figline Valdarno....not sure if I have to get off in Florence and switch traings for this, anyone know the answer to this?) for 5 nights. Renting a car in Figline Valdarno for 3 of these days
-Taking a train from Figline Valdarno (may have to travel back to Florence...not sure) to Sorrento (I think we will have to get off in Naples and then take a water taxi or some train over) for 4 days
-Taking a train from Sorrento to Rome to stay a few days before flying out.
So my question is, since it is slightly busier time of the year, should I book these train tickets in advance. I, obviously, know I cant book them this far in advance, but like a month or two.
Thanks for any help! If anyone has any tips on Tuscany or Sorrento, I would love to hear too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris