My husband and I are travelling through italy for two weeks during the end of June/beginning of July (aka busy season). We are flying into Rome...
-Taking a train into Florence (well, specifically Figline Valdarno....not sure if I have to get off in Florence and switch traings for this, anyone know the answer to this?) for 5 nights. Renting a car in Figline Valdarno for 3 of these days
-Taking a train from Figline Valdarno (may have to travel back to Florence...not sure) to Sorrento (I think we will have to get off in Naples and then take a water taxi or some train over) for 4 days
-Taking a train from Sorrento to Rome to stay a few days before flying out.
So my question is, since it is slightly busier time of the year, should I book these train tickets in advance. I, obviously, know I cant book them this far in advance, but like a month or two.
Thanks for any help! If anyone has any tips on Tuscany or Sorrento, I would love to hear too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Versailles
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 20 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily