My husband and I are travelling through italy for two weeks during the end of June/beginning of July (aka busy season). We are flying into Rome...
-Taking a train into Florence (well, specifically Figline Valdarno....not sure if I have to get off in Florence and switch traings for this, anyone know the answer to this?) for 5 nights. Renting a car in Figline Valdarno for 3 of these days
-Taking a train from Figline Valdarno (may have to travel back to Florence...not sure) to Sorrento (I think we will have to get off in Naples and then take a water taxi or some train over) for 4 days
-Taking a train from Sorrento to Rome to stay a few days before flying out.
So my question is, since it is slightly busier time of the year, should I book these train tickets in advance. I, obviously, know I cant book them this far in advance, but like a month or two.
Thanks for any help! If anyone has any tips on Tuscany or Sorrento, I would love to hear too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Epson SET-UP CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Epson PRINTER Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 5 Paris and Normandy
- 6 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 7 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 12 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 15 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Airport Transit Visa
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 20 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 21 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 22 Paris advice with kids
- 23 Anniversary trip to France
- 24 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 25 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?