Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I are traveling from Praiano to Pienza on 14 September. Our intermediate goal is to arrive in Salerno by noon so that we can pick up our rental car from Europcar before they close the office at 1300. We will then drive to Monticchiello (Pienza) for 7 nights. My research shows that there is a bus that leaves Praiano at 0655 and 0830. They arrive in Positano at 0710 and 0845. This gives us time to catch the ferry which leaves Positano at 1000 and arrives in Salerno at 1110. Plenty of time to make it to the office. My concerns are: 1. Is this a correct schedule? 2. How crowded will the buses on a Saturday at those times? I have heard it can be a challenge at times during the day as nobody queues for the bus. 3. Does this seem like the easiest way to get to Salerno and then to Pienza? As a note, my wife and I, will take time during the drive to take a break here and there. We will be on 'slow time' and we will not be rushing anywhere during this 3 week vacation.
Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Praiano to Pienza, Italy
Hello Fellow Travelers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 2 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 3 San Sebastian
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 6 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 7 Best hostels from experience
- 8 Istanbul Itinerary
- 9 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 10 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 13 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 14 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 15 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 16 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 17 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 18 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar