Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I are traveling from Praiano to Pienza on 14 September. Our intermediate goal is to arrive in Salerno by noon so that we can pick up our rental car from Europcar before they close the office at 1300. We will then drive to Monticchiello (Pienza) for 7 nights. My research shows that there is a bus that leaves Praiano at 0655 and 0830. They arrive in Positano at 0710 and 0845. This gives us time to catch the ferry which leaves Positano at 1000 and arrives in Salerno at 1110. Plenty of time to make it to the office. My concerns are: 1. Is this a correct schedule? 2. How crowded will the buses on a Saturday at those times? I have heard it can be a challenge at times during the day as nobody queues for the bus. 3. Does this seem like the easiest way to get to Salerno and then to Pienza? As a note, my wife and I, will take time during the drive to take a break here and there. We will be on 'slow time' and we will not be rushing anywhere during this 3 week vacation.
Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bath or Exeter
- 2 Croatia-Dubrovnik-split 8 days
- 3 Our Paris plans
- 4 short trip klon to koblenz
- 5 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 6 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 7 Barcelona Itinerary
- 8 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 9 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 10 2 weeks in Sicily in October
- 11 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 12 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 13 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 14 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 15 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 16 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 17 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 18 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 19 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 20 Stonehenge from London: how to arrange private tour?
- 21 Referendum in Greece
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 24 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 25 Vienna Pass for 5 Days
Hello Fellow Travelers