Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I are traveling from Praiano to Pienza on 14 September. Our intermediate goal is to arrive in Salerno by noon so that we can pick up our rental car from Europcar before they close the office at 1300. We will then drive to Monticchiello (Pienza) for 7 nights. My research shows that there is a bus that leaves Praiano at 0655 and 0830. They arrive in Positano at 0710 and 0845. This gives us time to catch the ferry which leaves Positano at 1000 and arrives in Salerno at 1110. Plenty of time to make it to the office. My concerns are: 1. Is this a correct schedule? 2. How crowded will the buses on a Saturday at those times? I have heard it can be a challenge at times during the day as nobody queues for the bus. 3. Does this seem like the easiest way to get to Salerno and then to Pienza? As a note, my wife and I, will take time during the drive to take a break here and there. We will be on 'slow time' and we will not be rushing anywhere during this 3 week vacation.
Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Praiano to Pienza, Italy
Hello Fellow Travelers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 2 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 3 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 4 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 5 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 6 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 7 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 8 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 9 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 10 Transports in Santorini
- 11 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 13 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 16 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 17 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 18 Olive Oil
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Ortisei and Castelrotto trip report
- 25 Trip Report : North of Spain