Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I are traveling from Praiano to Pienza on 14 September. Our intermediate goal is to arrive in Salerno by noon so that we can pick up our rental car from Europcar before they close the office at 1300. We will then drive to Monticchiello (Pienza) for 7 nights. My research shows that there is a bus that leaves Praiano at 0655 and 0830. They arrive in Positano at 0710 and 0845. This gives us time to catch the ferry which leaves Positano at 1000 and arrives in Salerno at 1110. Plenty of time to make it to the office. My concerns are: 1. Is this a correct schedule? 2. How crowded will the buses on a Saturday at those times? I have heard it can be a challenge at times during the day as nobody queues for the bus. 3. Does this seem like the easiest way to get to Salerno and then to Pienza? As a note, my wife and I, will take time during the drive to take a break here and there. We will be on 'slow time' and we will not be rushing anywhere during this 3 week vacation.
Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Praiano to Pienza, Italy
Hello Fellow Travelers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 8 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 9 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 Vienna highlights
- 15 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 16 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 17 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 20 Seville hotels
- 21 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 22 Italy
- 23 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.