Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I are traveling from Praiano to Pienza on 14 September. Our intermediate goal is to arrive in Salerno by noon so that we can pick up our rental car from Europcar before they close the office at 1300. We will then drive to Monticchiello (Pienza) for 7 nights. My research shows that there is a bus that leaves Praiano at 0655 and 0830. They arrive in Positano at 0710 and 0845. This gives us time to catch the ferry which leaves Positano at 1000 and arrives in Salerno at 1110. Plenty of time to make it to the office. My concerns are: 1. Is this a correct schedule? 2. How crowded will the buses on a Saturday at those times? I have heard it can be a challenge at times during the day as nobody queues for the bus. 3. Does this seem like the easiest way to get to Salerno and then to Pienza? As a note, my wife and I, will take time during the drive to take a break here and there. We will be on 'slow time' and we will not be rushing anywhere during this 3 week vacation.
Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Praiano to Pienza, Italy
Hello Fellow Travelers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Internet or travel agent?
- 2 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 3 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 4 Paris and where else?
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 7 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 8 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 11 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 14 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 15 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 16 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 20 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 25 Raining in rome