On the last day of our honeymoon we are leaving Praiano and would like to see Pompeii on the way back to Naples. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? I looked into a private driver and the thing that turned me off is the 50 euro an hour charge for the waiting time in Pompeii while we tour.
Also, is a tour guide necessary for the ruins? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 2 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 5 VENICE
- 6 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 7 CDG to Marais transfer
- 8 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 9 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 10 17 days in England
- 11 Italy Trip Report
- 12 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 13 credit and debit cards
- 14 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 15 Transportation Question Italy
- 16 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 19 What is your favorite travel app?
- 20 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 21 Shooting People: Evolution Gaming Team Build
- 22 Corsica
- 23 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 24 stonehenge day trip from london
- 25 Shopping and staying near Frankfurt, Germany