On the last day of our honeymoon we are leaving Praiano and would like to see Pompeii on the way back to Naples. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? I looked into a private driver and the thing that turned me off is the 50 euro an hour charge for the waiting time in Pompeii while we tour.
Also, is a tour guide necessary for the ruins? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 3 Ibiiza Spain
- 4 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 7 Couscous
- 8 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 9 Cartagena Spain
- 10 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 11 3 nights in Madrid
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 14 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 15 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 16 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 17 Help with Ireland Trip
- 18 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 19 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 20 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 24 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 25 Hotels on st george beach naxos