I am trying to get an idea of what the best way is to spend our time at the end of our honeymoon. We will be going in July stopping in Venice and Rome first, flying home from Naples after 4 days on the Amalfi coast. We are staying at the Tramonto D'oro and while we want this to be the relaxing portion of the trip we don't want to miss anything either. We definitely want to see Pompeii and one of the islands (Capri or Ischia). Does it make sense to visit Pompeii on the way from Naples to Praiano? Any suggestions on a day trip to either Capri or Ischia would be appreciated. The rest of the time I imagine would be spent in Positano (beach, restaurants) or maybe a boat tour of the rest of the coast. I realize it's not very much time but I appreciate the feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to get a cheaper Louis Vuitton bags and wallets
- 2 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 5 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 6 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 7 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 8 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 9 Dining with the writers
- 10 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 11 2 weeks in Prague
- 12 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 13 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 14 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 15 York - Time for tea!
- 16 Amalfi or Positano
- 17 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 18 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 19 Touring Wales
- 20 Cordoba or Granada?
- 21 3 nights in Tuscany
- 22 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 23 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed