I am trying to get an idea of what the best way is to spend our time at the end of our honeymoon. We will be going in July stopping in Venice and Rome first, flying home from Naples after 4 days on the Amalfi coast. We are staying at the Tramonto D'oro and while we want this to be the relaxing portion of the trip we don't want to miss anything either. We definitely want to see Pompeii and one of the islands (Capri or Ischia). Does it make sense to visit Pompeii on the way from Naples to Praiano? Any suggestions on a day trip to either Capri or Ischia would be appreciated. The rest of the time I imagine would be spent in Positano (beach, restaurants) or maybe a boat tour of the rest of the coast. I realize it's not very much time but I appreciate the feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 3 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 8 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 9 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 10 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 14 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 15 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 16 road trip through scotland
- 17 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 Poland to Austria In December
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days