I am trying to get an idea of what the best way is to spend our time at the end of our honeymoon. We will be going in July stopping in Venice and Rome first, flying home from Naples after 4 days on the Amalfi coast. We are staying at the Tramonto D'oro and while we want this to be the relaxing portion of the trip we don't want to miss anything either. We definitely want to see Pompeii and one of the islands (Capri or Ischia). Does it make sense to visit Pompeii on the way from Naples to Praiano? Any suggestions on a day trip to either Capri or Ischia would be appreciated. The rest of the time I imagine would be spent in Positano (beach, restaurants) or maybe a boat tour of the rest of the coast. I realize it's not very much time but I appreciate the feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train rides
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 italy itinerary request
- 5 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 First time in Italy
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 18 Renting a car in Florence
- 19 What about Basque Country?
- 20 Salento penninsula
- 21 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 22 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 25 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?