We begin our journey in September 2015. Most of the travel plans are finalized, but I have a few questions.
We arrive to Prague ( 4 Nights) and have a hotel near the Old town square and the clock.
I rented a van for our group of 5 and we will drive 4 hours to Wroclaw (2 Nights) and visit family there. We will drive to Boleslawiec and tour the Polish Potter factories and most likely add to our collections. Then a 4 hour drive to Krakow (4 Nights)! This is the heart of our trip. Cousins are traveling from Gdansk to meet with us along with cousins that reside in Krakow and surroundings. There will be Vodka and many toasts to the health of the family. Finally, we fly to Vienna (3 nights) and take a 1 day trip down the Danube and drink some Austrian wines... then a long flight home and back to work....
First question: Prague... I have located a private guide and would like suggestions for areas and streets to see. Our guide will accommodate the day to what we would like to see. Are there any suggestions? I think we will do one day tour around the castle grounds, but Prague has so much to offer... it is hard to choose! We would like to see more than just the Bridge, the Cathedral and Castle. I have delegated time to just wander around, shop and have a beverage, but this is a first trip to Prague for everyone and I want to make it a great memory.
(In Wroclaw & Krakow we will be in the hands of family so no questions there.)
Second question: Vienna... Klimt. We would like to find Klimt paintings, more like a scavenger hunt for a day. I think this will take us to many of the major sights. Any ideas???
Thank you for any ideas you might have!!! I have been working and saving and finally have a short break from school to finalize the trip. All suggestions will be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 5 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 8 Moldova and Transnistria
- 9 Camogli and surrounds
- 10 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Whistle stop family road trip
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 SURPRISE TRIP
- 15 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 travel fan 220v?
- 18 Palermo Apartment
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 23 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 24 Barcelona - places to stay
- 25 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary