We begin our journey in September 2015. Most of the travel plans are finalized, but I have a few questions.
We arrive to Prague ( 4 Nights) and have a hotel near the Old town square and the clock.
I rented a van for our group of 5 and we will drive 4 hours to Wroclaw (2 Nights) and visit family there. We will drive to Boleslawiec and tour the Polish Potter factories and most likely add to our collections. Then a 4 hour drive to Krakow (4 Nights)! This is the heart of our trip. Cousins are traveling from Gdansk to meet with us along with cousins that reside in Krakow and surroundings. There will be Vodka and many toasts to the health of the family. Finally, we fly to Vienna (3 nights) and take a 1 day trip down the Danube and drink some Austrian wines... then a long flight home and back to work....
First question: Prague... I have located a private guide and would like suggestions for areas and streets to see. Our guide will accommodate the day to what we would like to see. Are there any suggestions? I think we will do one day tour around the castle grounds, but Prague has so much to offer... it is hard to choose! We would like to see more than just the Bridge, the Cathedral and Castle. I have delegated time to just wander around, shop and have a beverage, but this is a first trip to Prague for everyone and I want to make it a great memory.
(In Wroclaw & Krakow we will be in the hands of family so no questions there.)
Second question: Vienna... Klimt. We would like to find Klimt paintings, more like a scavenger hunt for a day. I think this will take us to many of the major sights. Any ideas???
Thank you for any ideas you might have!!! I have been working and saving and finally have a short break from school to finalize the trip. All suggestions will be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 where to stay in London?
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 vienna
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 13 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 14 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets