We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 2 Italy trains question
- 3 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 4 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 5 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 8 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 9 Iceland in July
- 10 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 13 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 14 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 15 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 16 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Seville Itinerary
- 20 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 21 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 22 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 23 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 24 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?