We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary advice
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 6 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 9 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 10 Places to visit from Zurich
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 16 Positano Hotel in September
- 17 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 18 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 19 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 20 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 21 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 22 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?