We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 My First Trip to Europe...
- 3 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 4 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 5 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 train from ravenna to parma
- 8 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 9 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 10 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 11 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 14 Madrid city centre?
- 15 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 16 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 17 counselling in West London
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 20 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 21 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 22 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 23 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 24 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 25 Stonehenge and Bath