We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Prague & Where To Next Suggestions Requested
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 3 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 4 I need a haircut
- 5 Tipping in Greece
- 6 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 7 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 8 Honeymooning in Europe
- 9 Southern France
- 10 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 11 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 12 Spain tips beyond safety
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 American electrical gadgets
- 15 Arc de Triumph Question
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 18 Eating in France-two new books
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 23 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11