We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 4 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 5 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 6 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 7 Trip report European honeymoon
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 9 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 10 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 11 London restaurant suggestions
- 12 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 13 Sentimental Journey
- 14 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 15 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 16 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 21 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 22 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 23 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 24 Florence-rothenburg or colmar?
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris