We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 2 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 8 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 9 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 10 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 11 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 14 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 20 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 21 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Ireland Trip Itenary