We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 2 Sorrento or Positano
- 3 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 4 Advice about Naples?
- 5 Looking for Private Driver in Bologna
- 6 Santorini and Positano.
- 7 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 10 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 11 Poland Top Places?
- 12 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 13 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 14 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 15 4 Country Itinerary
- 16 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 17 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 18 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 19 tipping
- 20 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 21 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 22 Germany
- 23 Grand Kremlin Palace Moscow
- 24 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 25 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS