We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss decisions
- 2 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 5 A week in spain
- 6 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 7 Family trip to France with kids
- 8 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 9 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 10 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 11 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 12 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 15 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 16 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 17 Please help me plan my trip!
- 18 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 19 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 20 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 21 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 22 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 23 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 24 Car Rental in Iceland
- 25 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)