We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 2 Day trips around Vienna
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 Vacation
- 8 Rouen Tour Companies
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Praiano hotel question
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 21 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 22 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 23 Rome-Itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?