We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 pick pockets in Rome
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 4 16 Countries in 30 days
- 5 Best places for Pinchos in Barcelona?
- 6 Amsterdam Bruges London Paris - 11 nights?
- 7 Paris - Public Toilets Are a Changing...
- 8 Seeing the Vatican in Rome
- 9 German train transfer times
- 10 Merces neighborhood, Lisbon
- 11 Rental apartment in Limassol Cyprus
- 12 Venturing even further
- 13 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 14 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 15 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 16 Paris in April
- 17 19 day Sicily Oct itinerary --take 2
- 18 8 hour layover at Oslo airport
- 19 Geiranger - Trollstigen
- 20 Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen
- 21 Planning a Trip in Scandinavia
- 22 Transport around Europe
- 23 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 24 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 25 HELP- 4days challenge: Amsterdam + Zaanse.S + D.Haag+ Kinderdijk