We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 4 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 5 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 6 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 7 Switzerland 5 days
- 8 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 9 time between trains from Frankfurt to Berlin
- 10 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 11 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 12 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 13 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 14 Three Weeks in Turkey Short Trip Report
- 15 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 16 Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia itinerary help
- 17 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 18 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 19 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 20 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 21 Finalizing Itinerary
- 22 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 23 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 24 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 25 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris