We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
- 1 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 2 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 3 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 4 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 5 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 6 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 7 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 8 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 9 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 10 Do and don't, eating in France
- 11 italy itinerary for comments
- 12 chip and pin credit cards
- 13 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 14 Italian train question
- 15 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 16 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 19 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 20 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 21 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 22 Paris Ticket t+
- 23 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 24 Paris museums free admission
- 25 Help with planning a trip to Turkey