We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 2 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 3 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 4 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 6 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 9 Berlin: evening dining
- 10 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 11 10-day Europe Trip (5-15June)
- 12 Immigration Procedures
- 13 In Paris on my own
- 14 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 15 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 19 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 20 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 21 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 22 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 23 Andalucia itinerary help
- 24 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 25 Hotel in Paris