We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Austria
- 2 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 3 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 4 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 5 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 Italian Riviera
- 8 Switzerland in mid-April
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 11 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 12 Hamam Istanbul?
- 13 Scotland Trip
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 First Trip to Europe!
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 What to take to Germany
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.