We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 Location of hotel in Rome
- 3 Sicily Suggetions
- 4 London hotel
- 5 Paris in April?
- 6 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 7 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 8 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 12 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 13 car rental companies Italy
- 14 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 hotels in Seville
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid