We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 3 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 6 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 France,Spain,Italy
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 Scotland November 2015
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Schengen Visa Rules
- 18 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 24 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 25 Portugal Trip