We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 2 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 3 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 4 London train and hotel information?
- 5 Swiss Transport Questions
- 6 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 7 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 8 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 9 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Venice water buses
- 14 Budapest questions round 1
- 15 Gatwick to London in time for 7.30 show? Help!
- 16 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 17 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 18 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 19 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 Where in Switzerland
- 22 La Compagnie Air Flight to Paris
- 23 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 24 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 25 Self-driving in Iceland