We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 3 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 4 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 5 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Global Travel Warning...
- 10 What one thing in Paris?
- 11 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 16 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 17 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 18 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 6 days in Portugal in December
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 23 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 24 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015