We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 5 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 6 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 7 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 8 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 11 banger rally around europe?
- 12 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Trieste as a day trip?
- 22 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Spain - Andalucia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich