We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 3 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 4 France for a month in 2017
- 5 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 6 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 15 days trip to Europe
- 9 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 10 Day trips from Uzes
- 11 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 12 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 13 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 14 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 15 Vuerling airlines
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 18 All of Spain or something else..?
- 19 Barcelona extension
- 20 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 25 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.