We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 2 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 7 Italy in a week
- 8 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 11 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 12 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 13 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 14 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 15 My special places in Europe
- 16 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?