We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 4 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 11 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 12 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 15 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 16 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 19 Help with England/Wales tour
- 20 Reykjavik hotels
- 21 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 22 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report