We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 4 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 6 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 7 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 8 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 9 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 10 Germany train help!
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Interesting places to visit
- 18 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville