We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 rent car / Munich
- 7 Apartments in Rome
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 12 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 13 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Madrid to Sevilla
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 23 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Ireland in a week