We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 using airbnb for the first time...
- 2 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 3 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 4 Madrid: City Views
- 5 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 6 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 7 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 8 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 9 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 10 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 11 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 12 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 13 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 14 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 15 How to make this adventure work?
- 16 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 17 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 18 dining in Brussels
- 19 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 20 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 21 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 22 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 23 plug adapters ITALY
- 24 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 25 How much luggage?????