We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland, Sardinia YAY!! Need suggestions please...
- 2 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 3 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 4 Europe Excursion
- 5 Avignon
- 6 Taking wine home from France
- 7 September in Switzerland
- 8 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 9 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 10 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 11 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 12 1st Time in Europe
- 13 Prague
- 14 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 15 Sardinia for a week... Need suggestions please
- 16 16 hours total drive time in 6 days
- 17 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 18 Where Europeans Vacation
- 19 Help with 5-6 days in the Azores
- 20 Paris Metro Question
- 21 Palace of the Popes
- 22 Hertz "exact model" rental Paris
- 23 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 24 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 25 electrical adaptor plugs