We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Prague -> Vienna -> Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with England/Wales tour
- 2 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 3 Spain and Portugal return
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 14 Question on France travel
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 19 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 20 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 23 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 24 Italy and Croatia
- 25 St Germain