We are on the very beginning stages of planning our trip for either late April or late May. I have list of questions and would appreciate any help/guidance.
1. Does the time frame mater? is the weather, amount of tourist, etc different from mid/late April to late May?
2. How long do you think we should stay in each town. Here's what I had in mind 4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna, 3 in Budapest, account for 3 days of travel total.
3. We are considering renting a car in Prague when we are ready to head out and dropping it off in Budapest as soon as we arrive. It looks like we can get what we need for around $200 + gps cost. I feel like a car would be nice since we could stop in small towns and have our own schedule. What do you guys think? If we do train, any idea on how much it would cost? I'm having a hard time finding prices online.
4. What do you recommend seeing in each place, or stopping to see on the drives if we do drive? I've been to Prague and are going to visit my little sister who is studying abroad, but it's been years since i've been to Vienna and neither one of us has ever been to Budapest.
Sorry for the super long post. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 4 Whathello Paris
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 7 Bordeaux to Nice
- 8 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna