We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about staying in the Museumplein are
- 2 One champagne tour in Reims
- 3 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 4 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 5 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 6 Help with 5-6 days in the Azores
- 7 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 8 Help, no email from Trenitalia with PNR number!
- 9 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 10 EuropeanDestinations
- 11 Bruges for 1st time
- 12 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 13 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 14 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 15 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 16 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 17 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 18 Need feedback... France to Italy
- 19 visa
- 20 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 21 Staying over visa expiration.
- 22 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 23 Soriano nel Cimino - need some help please!
- 24 Italian rail travel
- 25 Portugal Transportation