We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Prague to Vienna via Train, then Train through Austria
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 3 British drivers
- 4 Portugal in September
- 5 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 6 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Place to propose
- 11 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 12 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 17 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 18 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 19 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 20 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?