We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Prague to Vienna via Train, then Train through Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 8 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 France,Spain,Italy
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 22 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 23 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 Best places to stay in Bristol?