We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Road trip with our dog
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 13 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 24 Can parking
- 25 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?