We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on trains/security?
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 4 Croatia Itenerary
- 5 day trip to hampton court
- 6 The DCC scam is spreading
- 7 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 8 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 9 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 10 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 13 London Paris
- 14 Norwegian air
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Meteora/Kalambaka advice
- 17 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 18 Brussels Airport
- 19 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 20 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 21 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 22 Advance Booking for Spain
- 23 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 24 Shopping in Paris
- 25 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow