We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 2 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 6 free international phone calls
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see