We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 What Greek islands should I visit
- 4 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (16)
- 7 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 8 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 9 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 10 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 13 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 14 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 15 cell phone companys
- 16 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 17 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 18 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 19 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 20 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 21 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 22 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 23 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 24 Affordable French language course in France?
- 25 Budapest on a budget