We will be flying into Prague, taking a train to Vienna, and then taking a train through Austria, first stopping in Salzburg, and then spending some time in the Fussen/Reutte Alps area. A few questions:
1. Is it advisable to purchase train tickets in advance for all of our stops (to Vienna, Salzburg, and then Innsbruck, which looks like the best city in which to get a train direct from Salzburg, and then rent a car in Innsbruck). I was assuming that these were relatively major stops with multiple trains going through everyday, and that we therefore wouldn't need to worry about advance purchases. But now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. If I can buy tickets in advance, that would be my preference.
2. If I can purchase tickets in advance, what is the easiest way to do so? Can I print the tickets at home? Should I/can I make seat reservations as well?
3. Will a Salzburg to Innsbruck train ride give us the most options in terms of times and availability (as opposed to going from Salzburg to Fussen, for example). That is my assumption because Innsbruck is bigger, but maybe I am wrong? We will need to rent a car that is close to the train station, so I'm also assuming Innsbruck might have more car options (we need one that seats 5).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED@: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 3 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 6 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 7 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 8 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 9 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Scotland itinerary help
- 13 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 14 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Edinbrugh
- 17 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 18 Swimming to Paris
- 19 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 25 Hiking in Switzerland