I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwango went…to Nice
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 4 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 5 Lake Como transportation questions
- 6 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 9 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 10 5 Observations About Paris
- 11 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 12 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 13 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 14 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 15 Cylades Island Hopping
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 20 Scuol, Switzerland
- 21 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 22 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 23 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review