I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 2 Poland in September
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 5 Munich, Germany
- 6 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 7 First Time Europe Trip
- 8 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 9 Hostel Advice
- 10 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 11 Rome for a week
- 12 trip to Italy
- 13 Azores - Which Islands to Visit?
- 14 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Hertz Never Lost
- 17 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 18 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 19 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 20 Holiday in Europe
- 21 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 22 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 23 Train from Lille to Delft
- 24 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND