I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia????
- 2 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 3 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 4 Scotland Question
- 5 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 6 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 7 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 8 The Rain in Spain and more
- 9 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 10 London Paris
- 11 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 12 GPS vs Google Maps
- 13 help with 21 days-croatia
- 14 Bavaria in August
- 15 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 16 Luggage on trains/security?
- 17 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 18 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 19 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 20 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 21 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 22 The DCC scam is spreading
- 23 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 24 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 25 What clothes?