I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 13 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 14 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris