I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 4 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 5 please revew provence agenda
- 6 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 7 Small detour from Paris
- 8 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 9 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 10 http://healthyboosterspro.com/armor-adaptogenics/
- 11 Sicily or Rome
- 12 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 13 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 14 Italy
- 15 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 16 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 17 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 18 When and how to book for a trip?
- 19 Provence to Nice driving
- 20 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 21 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 22 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 23 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 24 France to stop making foie grois
- 25 Switzerland/Italy Advice