I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French election
- 2 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 10 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 13 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 14 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 15 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 16 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 17 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 20 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 21 mountain views near London
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 24 Italy in 11 Days
- 25 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions