I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 2 February in Florence
- 3 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 4 Praiana to Positano
- 5 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Barcelona and...
- 8 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 9 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 10 Canal du Midi
- 11 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 12 Family vacation to europe
- 13 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 14 Day in Madrid
- 15 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 16 charming cities in Spain
- 17 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 18 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 19 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 20 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 21 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 22 Spain during Holy Week
- 23 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona