I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 2 Itinerary Assistance
- 3 Where will Britain go?
- 4 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 5 4 days to explore, Vienna, Munich, or Berlin?
- 6 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 7 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 8 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 11 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 12 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 13 Budapest on a budget
- 14 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 15 Where to stay in London
- 16 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 17 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 18 Europe Destination with kids?
- 19 Puglia; hate to leave it but how to get back to Toronto
- 20 Medieval festival of Pierrefonds
- 21 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 22 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 23 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 24 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Puglia, Rome and ?