My husband and I are going to Europe in September. We have come up with the following itinerary and seems we will need to choose between going to Salzburg OR Prague.
Based on the other cities and areas we will be seeing, logistics, and attractions, which one would be more highly recommended?
It terms of what we want, we are really up for anything. Neither of us has traveled Europe before, so we are looking for the best experiences. We are relatively young and active and will want to experience a wide range of things.
On the one hand, I want to go to Salzburg for the beauty, the Alps, the Sound of Music, and because I feel it fits the "original idea" of the trip, which was Germany/Oktoberfest/Bavaria etc. On the other hand, Prague would be another big city experience, a chance to see another country and experience another culture.
Here is our tentative itinerary:
Arrive in Frankfurt, then train to Berlin (arrive late afternoon)
Berlin (3 days / 3 nights), then evening train to Prague OR Salzburg
Prague OR Salzburg (3 nights / 2 full days), then morning train to Vienna
Vienna (3 nights / 3 days), then morning train to Munich
Munich / Oktoberfest (3 nights)
From Munich we will be driving up through to get back to Frankfurt hitting Fussen, Lindau, Freiburg, Baden (4 nights).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 2 3nights in Venice
- 3 Paris in November
- 4 My 3 days in Venice
- 5 multi city flights to europe
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 One week in Europe
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 London Theater
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 15 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 16 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 My final Prague itinerary
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 24 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 25 Private Guide in Lyon