My husband and I are going to Europe in September. We have come up with the following itinerary and seems we will need to choose between going to Salzburg OR Prague.
Based on the other cities and areas we will be seeing, logistics, and attractions, which one would be more highly recommended?
It terms of what we want, we are really up for anything. Neither of us has traveled Europe before, so we are looking for the best experiences. We are relatively young and active and will want to experience a wide range of things.
On the one hand, I want to go to Salzburg for the beauty, the Alps, the Sound of Music, and because I feel it fits the "original idea" of the trip, which was Germany/Oktoberfest/Bavaria etc. On the other hand, Prague would be another big city experience, a chance to see another country and experience another culture.
Here is our tentative itinerary:
Arrive in Frankfurt, then train to Berlin (arrive late afternoon)
Berlin (3 days / 3 nights), then evening train to Prague OR Salzburg
Prague OR Salzburg (3 nights / 2 full days), then morning train to Vienna
Vienna (3 nights / 3 days), then morning train to Munich
Munich / Oktoberfest (3 nights)
From Munich we will be driving up through to get back to Frankfurt hitting Fussen, Lindau, Freiburg, Baden (4 nights).
Prague or Salzburg?
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 4 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 5 rent car / Munich
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 12 Madrid to Sevilla
- 13 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Ireland in a week
- 21 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome