Good morning everyone,
I will be traveling to Prague in a month, and I am still having doubts as to how feasible or enjoyable my itinerary is. What has been your experience?
I will arrive around 13:00 to Prague and, because of jetlag, I don't want to count on this day 1 to plan for anything. I will be staying off Miru Square, in Vinohrady.
My plan is to focus on a couple of landmarks and spend the rest of the day strolling around the neighborhood where they are located. For example: the castle and St. Nicholas Church on day 2, the Spanish Synagogue and Tyn Church on day 3, Wenceslas Square and Vysehrad on day 4, I seem to have day 5 off which I thought I could spend wandering around Vinohrady and Zizkov, and spend the day on Petrin Hill on day 6 to rest and/or wander around Smichov. I will be leaving in the morning of day 7.
I am aware that I have only planned for a couple of things a day, but, of course, walking around the neighborhoods is part of the sightseeing and I don't know how tiring this can be. I've read the center of Prague is compact, but I don't know how compact it can be. I like enjoying things and not just passing by an array of landmarks as if I were leafing through a book, otherwise, when I return home, I will remember it like a blurry dream.
I appreciate any comments you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 2 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 3 Florence, Italy
- 4 Italy trains question
- 5 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 6 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 7 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 8 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 9 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 10 FCO connection time
- 11 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 12 Slovania & Croatia
- 13 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 14 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 15 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 16 Train rides
- 17 Departure Tax in UK
- 18 I'm back.....
- 19 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 20 Naples to Pompeii
- 21 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 22 European Championship
- 23 Amsterdam Hotel
- 24 Yorkshire Inn/Hotel/B&B with air conditioning?
- 25 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
Good morning everyone,