Good morning everyone,
I will be traveling to Prague in a month, and I am still having doubts as to how feasible or enjoyable my itinerary is. What has been your experience?
I will arrive around 13:00 to Prague and, because of jetlag, I don't want to count on this day 1 to plan for anything. I will be staying off Miru Square, in Vinohrady.
My plan is to focus on a couple of landmarks and spend the rest of the day strolling around the neighborhood where they are located. For example: the castle and St. Nicholas Church on day 2, the Spanish Synagogue and Tyn Church on day 3, Wenceslas Square and Vysehrad on day 4, I seem to have day 5 off which I thought I could spend wandering around Vinohrady and Zizkov, and spend the day on Petrin Hill on day 6 to rest and/or wander around Smichov. I will be leaving in the morning of day 7.
I am aware that I have only planned for a couple of things a day, but, of course, walking around the neighborhoods is part of the sightseeing and I don't know how tiring this can be. I've read the center of Prague is compact, but I don't know how compact it can be. I like enjoying things and not just passing by an array of landmarks as if I were leafing through a book, otherwise, when I return home, I will remember it like a blurry dream.
I appreciate any comments you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Happy birthday ATM
- 2 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 5 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 6 24 hours in Paris
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 10 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 11 Keukenhof in May?
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 16 Insurance on rental car options
- 17 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Istanbul at Easter
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 24 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 25 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
Good morning everyone,