Good morning everyone,
I will be traveling to Prague in a month, and I am still having doubts as to how feasible or enjoyable my itinerary is. What has been your experience?
I will arrive around 13:00 to Prague and, because of jetlag, I don't want to count on this day 1 to plan for anything. I will be staying off Miru Square, in Vinohrady.
My plan is to focus on a couple of landmarks and spend the rest of the day strolling around the neighborhood where they are located. For example: the castle and St. Nicholas Church on day 2, the Spanish Synagogue and Tyn Church on day 3, Wenceslas Square and Vysehrad on day 4, I seem to have day 5 off which I thought I could spend wandering around Vinohrady and Zizkov, and spend the day on Petrin Hill on day 6 to rest and/or wander around Smichov. I will be leaving in the morning of day 7.
I am aware that I have only planned for a couple of things a day, but, of course, walking around the neighborhoods is part of the sightseeing and I don't know how tiring this can be. I've read the center of Prague is compact, but I don't know how compact it can be. I like enjoying things and not just passing by an array of landmarks as if I were leafing through a book, otherwise, when I return home, I will remember it like a blurry dream.
I appreciate any comments you may have.
Good morning everyone,
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 3 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 One more last question on Bayeux
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 8 Medieval Tallinn
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Italian language schools
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 When to visit Provence updated info
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 25 Trip around Spain