I made a reservation at Hotel U Prince in Prague for 2 nights. I was quoted a price (for 3 people in a junior suite) of Euro 199 per night. So Euro 398 total for the stay. I've started researching the basics for the trip and remembered that the Czech Republic is still using the Czech Koruna (CZK). Any idea why the hotel would quote me in Euros? Should I request they quote me in CZK? I looked on xe.com and the exchange rate (as of today) is 1CZK = .049 USD. The exchange rates of course change on a daily basis but this at least gives me an idea. Our trip is in July.
This is my first time traveling to countries (Prague and Croatia) that are have different currencies than the Euro. The dollar is weak against the euro (although it's better than it was a couple of years ago) but if I can use the CZK and save money, obviously I would do that.
Thank you for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 "Never Mind"
- 4 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 5 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 6 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 7 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Nafplio to Hydra
- 10 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 15 Prague itinerary advice
- 16 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 Santorini lodging
- 19 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 22 info Faro & Algarve
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?