My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Prague and Slovenia or Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 2 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 3 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 3 weeks in Europe
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 8 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 9 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 15 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 16 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 17 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 18 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 19 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 20 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 23 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 24 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 25 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook