My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Prague and Slovenia or Hungary
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 15 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 18 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 19 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 20 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 21 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins