My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wake Up Mods
- 2 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 3 Greece and Italy Combo
- 4 Which city order makes most sense?
- 5 favorite app for converting US $$
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 SNCF - low price for summer
- 8 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 11 Best of Norway
- 12 a week in Lombardia
- 13 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 14 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 16 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 17 One week in London with kids
- 18 Light weight small converter?
- 19 Positano Surprise
- 20 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 21 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 22 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To