My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 3 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 4 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 5 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 6 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 7 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 8 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 9 Rome and Amalfi Coast Trip Report
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 13 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 14 Rome or Venice first
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 18 B&B in Ireland
- 19 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 22 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 25 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston