My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 LIsbon
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 International Flight Question
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 7 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 20 Summer Travel order
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 23 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017