My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris cooking classes
- 2 Andalucia itinerary help
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 7 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 8 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 9 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 18 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 21 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now