My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Belgium : a asfe country
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 8 Car Rental in Italy
- 9 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 12 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 13 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 14 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 15 Italian Riviera
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 18 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 21 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 22 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Switzerland in mid-April
- 25 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed