My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 12 days europe
- 4 If you had four months...
- 5 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 6 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 7 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 8 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 9 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 10 Rail pass question
- 11 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 12 Convents in Venice
- 13 cell phone companys
- 14 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 15 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 16 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 17 3 days to spend in europe
- 18 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 19 Berlin restaurant recs
- 20 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 21 Ravello to Paestum
- 22 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 23 Renting bed linens and towels
- 24 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 25 Pre-paid International Calling Cards