My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 ALERTS: YAHOO TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO MAIL D*J
- 3 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 4 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 5 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Train / Calabria
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 14 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Madrid food advice needed
- 20 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 21 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 24 IWM
- 25 Southern Italy Help - Part 2