My wife and I (in late 20s) are planning a Europe trip from Sept 26 - 11 Oct (15 nights). We are flying in to Prague and out of Amsterdam.
Right now, we are thinking of setting base for 7/8 nights each in Prague and Amsterdam (will include some day trips from both bases). Are we spending too much time in these cities considering we are NOT AT ALL interested in museums and cathedrals? Our idea of vacation is more to indulge in sightseeing, adventurous activities (cycling, short 3-4 hour hikes, etc), spend days on the beach, trying new cuisines/wines/beers, evenings in cafes/pubs, etc.
I'm asking this because we are considering to add another destination (maybe Lucerne in Switzerland) to our itinerary and maybe spend 5 nights at each location. Is this a good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 7 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Wine Tasting in France
- 13 Iceland in January/February
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 18 Moldova and Transnistria
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Places to visit from Zurich
- 21 Loire Valley restaurants
- 22 Rome Water Shortage
- 23 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 24 Appenzell in December?
- 25 Driving in Italy