My wife and I (in late 20s) are planning a Europe trip from Sept 26 - 11 Oct (15 nights). We are flying in to Prague and out of Amsterdam.
Right now, we are thinking of setting base for 7/8 nights each in Prague and Amsterdam (will include some day trips from both bases). Are we spending too much time in these cities considering we are NOT AT ALL interested in museums and cathedrals? Our idea of vacation is more to indulge in sightseeing, adventurous activities (cycling, short 3-4 hour hikes, etc), spend days on the beach, trying new cuisines/wines/beers, evenings in cafes/pubs, etc.
I'm asking this because we are considering to add another destination (maybe Lucerne in Switzerland) to our itinerary and maybe spend 5 nights at each location. Is this a good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest in December 2017
- 2 Traveling eperience and the difficulties involved
- 3 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Korean Messages
- 8 5 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 12 6-7 Days in France
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Getting to Bolivia
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 25 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!