My wife and I (in late 20s) are planning a Europe trip from Sept 26 - 11 Oct (15 nights). We are flying in to Prague and out of Amsterdam.
Right now, we are thinking of setting base for 7/8 nights each in Prague and Amsterdam (will include some day trips from both bases). Are we spending too much time in these cities considering we are NOT AT ALL interested in museums and cathedrals? Our idea of vacation is more to indulge in sightseeing, adventurous activities (cycling, short 3-4 hour hikes, etc), spend days on the beach, trying new cuisines/wines/beers, evenings in cafes/pubs, etc.
I'm asking this because we are considering to add another destination (maybe Lucerne in Switzerland) to our itinerary and maybe spend 5 nights at each location. Is this a good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 6 Berlin -clubs
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 base in brussels
- 12 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Uber vs. TfL
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 25 Alitala