My wife and I (in late 20s) are planning a Europe trip from Sept 26 - 11 Oct (15 nights). We are flying in to Prague and out of Amsterdam.
Right now, we are thinking of setting base for 7/8 nights each in Prague and Amsterdam (will include some day trips from both bases). Are we spending too much time in these cities considering we are NOT AT ALL interested in museums and cathedrals? Our idea of vacation is more to indulge in sightseeing, adventurous activities (cycling, short 3-4 hour hikes, etc), spend days on the beach, trying new cuisines/wines/beers, evenings in cafes/pubs, etc.
I'm asking this because we are considering to add another destination (maybe Lucerne in Switzerland) to our itinerary and maybe spend 5 nights at each location. Is this a good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Melia Colbert Paris
- 2 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 3 Perugia
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Rome to venice
- 7 Help please
- 8 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 9 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 10 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 17 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 18 CDG much improved
- 19 Praiano
- 20 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 21 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 22 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 23 Norway fjord
- 24 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland