I need some advice from you good people. My husband and I are beginning to plan our European trip for 2016. Pozieres is a must as we have a fallen family member in the cemetery there. We know exactly where he is buried, we know everything about him, so my husband wants to go there, I do too. Our problem is trying to decide how to go about it.
This is what we were thinking:
We arrive in Amies by train from Paris - stay two nights in the area and visit the cemetery where our family member is resting. We visit other attractions and places of interest and just simply absorb the French Country Life.
1. Is there public transportation apart from train?
2. Is it better to hire a car?
3. Should we hire the car before we leave Brissy or Should we do that on the day of arrival in Amies?
4. What is the traffic like?
5. Will there be any poppy flowers in the area in July?
6. Most important question is what is the train system like in France, especially in Paris? Are they easy to follow?
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious