I need some advice from you good people. My husband and I are beginning to plan our European trip for 2016. Pozieres is a must as we have a fallen family member in the cemetery there. We know exactly where he is buried, we know everything about him, so my husband wants to go there, I do too. Our problem is trying to decide how to go about it.
This is what we were thinking:
We arrive in Amies by train from Paris - stay two nights in the area and visit the cemetery where our family member is resting. We visit other attractions and places of interest and just simply absorb the French Country Life.
1. Is there public transportation apart from train?
2. Is it better to hire a car?
3. Should we hire the car before we leave Brissy or Should we do that on the day of arrival in Amies?
4. What is the traffic like?
5. Will there be any poppy flowers in the area in July?
6. Most important question is what is the train system like in France, especially in Paris? Are they easy to follow?
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Password Reset : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 3 ATM
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 5 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 8 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 9 Spain Itinerary
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 17 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 18 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 19 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest