I need some advice from you good people. My husband and I are beginning to plan our European trip for 2016. Pozieres is a must as we have a fallen family member in the cemetery there. We know exactly where he is buried, we know everything about him, so my husband wants to go there, I do too. Our problem is trying to decide how to go about it.
This is what we were thinking:
We arrive in Amies by train from Paris - stay two nights in the area and visit the cemetery where our family member is resting. We visit other attractions and places of interest and just simply absorb the French Country Life.
1. Is there public transportation apart from train?
2. Is it better to hire a car?
3. Should we hire the car before we leave Brissy or Should we do that on the day of arrival in Amies?
4. What is the traffic like?
5. Will there be any poppy flowers in the area in July?
6. Most important question is what is the train system like in France, especially in Paris? Are they easy to follow?
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maximizing Norway time
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 Berlin to ?
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 9 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin