I need some advice from you good people. My husband and I are beginning to plan our European trip for 2016. Pozieres is a must as we have a fallen family member in the cemetery there. We know exactly where he is buried, we know everything about him, so my husband wants to go there, I do too. Our problem is trying to decide how to go about it.
This is what we were thinking:
We arrive in Amies by train from Paris - stay two nights in the area and visit the cemetery where our family member is resting. We visit other attractions and places of interest and just simply absorb the French Country Life.
1. Is there public transportation apart from train?
2. Is it better to hire a car?
3. Should we hire the car before we leave Brissy or Should we do that on the day of arrival in Amies?
4. What is the traffic like?
5. Will there be any poppy flowers in the area in July?
6. Most important question is what is the train system like in France, especially in Paris? Are they easy to follow?
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh to Skye
- 2 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 6 Emergencies in Ireland
- 7 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 8 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 9 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 10 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 3 weeks in Spain
- 15 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 16 Rent a car in England
- 17 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 18 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 19 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 20 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 21 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 22 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 25 2017 Easter in Italy