Greetings from Luxembourg !
My name is Karim, I am 46yo and I live in Luxembourg
I am French and I have worked in hospitality for the past 24 years and my job took me in places as different as New-Zealand, Australia and Canada, England and more recently Luxembourg.
I love travelling and discovering new exciting places and learn about their History, traditions and People.
A little anecdote is that I was lucky enough to live in Summer for a few years as I worked in south of France from March to October and in Russell, Bay of Islands, New-Zealand from October to March. Since then, I must admit that "old winter" came back to me...
My interests include travelling at home and abroad, creating miniatures on a 1/12th scale - mostly with the Victorian times in mind - reading, movies, walking and renovating my home in France.
During my English years, I have embarked on a journey of discovery of this country that was for more than a decade my second home away from France and England keeps enchanting my senses with its variety, the beauty of its scenery and the wealth of its history and traditions.
I, who used to think for so many years and excitement and emotion were about "long haul" journeys, have finally discovered that beauty often lay on your very door step for you to enjoy.
I will be delighted to take you along with me on my "escapades" around the UK with a short presentation of the place spiced up here and there with a few little anecdotes and pictures.
Thank you for welcoming to this forum !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 6 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Northern Ireland ideas
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 15 Long weekend in Albania
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 18 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 19 scotland itinerary
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 Hotel in Florence
- 24 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
Greetings from Luxembourg !