When I bought my Eurostar ticket online, I had to choose between having it shipped to me or picking it up at the station. The instructions said for Americans to request pick-up at the station, while everyone else could have it mailed to their domiciles.
I am an American in Paris, and chose to have it sent to me here. I assumed the special requirement for Americans was because Eurostar just didn't want to have to ship to the States. Now I realize that this makes no sense, as they offer shipping to the rest of the world (I think).
I have the ticket now, but will I run into any problems at the station(when I show my passport, for example)? Should I call Eurostar and fix this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 Which area to stay in London
- 4 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 5 Itinery help Crete
- 6 Naples + Walking Tour
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 11 Algarve - is it for me?
- 12 TIM in FCO - update
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help