So I booked a ticket from Rome to Bolzano using Trenitalia. I ended up with a 2nd class economy ticket on the frecciargento to Verona, then a Regionale to Bolzano.
Now, it looks like my trip plans have changed, and now I wish to make a stopover in Modena to visit the Ferrari factory. This means I have to change my train itinerary from Rome>Verona>Bolzano to Rome>Bologna>Modena and then buy an additional Modena>Bologna/Bolzano.
Is it possible to change my existing ticket, so that I can apply the money paid on the original ticket to the new itinerary? It is not just a time change but an actual itinerary/destination change- I looked around for info on that but it did not seem obvious if it was possible. "Economy" tickets say they are changeable but not refundable, but I don't know if changeable means just picking a new time, or if you can change the destination too.
I logged into trenitalia and selected my trip, then chose "exchange solution", but when I went through it had an error saying that the ticket class must be "economy cambia biglietto". I don't know if it is some random error or a consequence of a limitation of the Economy ticket.
Would this be possible if I called trenitalia on the phone? (Do their agents speak english? I know no italian) or, can I get this changed at a train station once I arrive in Italy and am able to speak to someone at the ticketing desk, or would I have to simply eat the price paid for the previously booked ticket and just book new ones to reflect the new itinerary?
Thanks, not sure how best to proceed from here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 5 Globus Iberian Tour
- 6 Spain: train/rental car help
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Budapest Card
- 10 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 11 UK in May and June
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 18 Bath/Cotswolds
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Italy travel plan help
- 24 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
Possible to change economy ticket on trenitalia to new destination?