So I booked a ticket from Rome to Bolzano using Trenitalia. I ended up with a 2nd class economy ticket on the frecciargento to Verona, then a Regionale to Bolzano.
Now, it looks like my trip plans have changed, and now I wish to make a stopover in Modena to visit the Ferrari factory. This means I have to change my train itinerary from Rome>Verona>Bolzano to Rome>Bologna>Modena and then buy an additional Modena>Bologna/Bolzano.
Is it possible to change my existing ticket, so that I can apply the money paid on the original ticket to the new itinerary? It is not just a time change but an actual itinerary/destination change- I looked around for info on that but it did not seem obvious if it was possible. "Economy" tickets say they are changeable but not refundable, but I don't know if changeable means just picking a new time, or if you can change the destination too.
I logged into trenitalia and selected my trip, then chose "exchange solution", but when I went through it had an error saying that the ticket class must be "economy cambia biglietto". I don't know if it is some random error or a consequence of a limitation of the Economy ticket.
Would this be possible if I called trenitalia on the phone? (Do their agents speak english? I know no italian) or, can I get this changed at a train station once I arrive in Italy and am able to speak to someone at the ticketing desk, or would I have to simply eat the price paid for the previously booked ticket and just book new ones to reflect the new itinerary?
Thanks, not sure how best to proceed from here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 fake and real documents
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 5 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 6 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Meteora for older folk
- 10 Versailles
- 11 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 14 driving from prague to salzburg
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 17 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 18 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 21 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 22 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
Possible to change economy ticket on trenitalia to new destination?