So I booked a ticket from Rome to Bolzano using Trenitalia. I ended up with a 2nd class economy ticket on the frecciargento to Verona, then a Regionale to Bolzano.
Now, it looks like my trip plans have changed, and now I wish to make a stopover in Modena to visit the Ferrari factory. This means I have to change my train itinerary from Rome>Verona>Bolzano to Rome>Bologna>Modena and then buy an additional Modena>Bologna/Bolzano.
Is it possible to change my existing ticket, so that I can apply the money paid on the original ticket to the new itinerary? It is not just a time change but an actual itinerary/destination change- I looked around for info on that but it did not seem obvious if it was possible. "Economy" tickets say they are changeable but not refundable, but I don't know if changeable means just picking a new time, or if you can change the destination too.
I logged into trenitalia and selected my trip, then chose "exchange solution", but when I went through it had an error saying that the ticket class must be "economy cambia biglietto". I don't know if it is some random error or a consequence of a limitation of the Economy ticket.
Would this be possible if I called trenitalia on the phone? (Do their agents speak english? I know no italian) or, can I get this changed at a train station once I arrive in Italy and am able to speak to someone at the ticketing desk, or would I have to simply eat the price paid for the previously booked ticket and just book new ones to reflect the new itinerary?
Thanks, not sure how best to proceed from here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 8 driving from ancona to rome
- 9 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 10 Croatia transportation question.
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 13 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 2017 Easter in Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 23 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 24 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice
Possible to change economy ticket on trenitalia to new destination?