So I booked a ticket from Rome to Bolzano using Trenitalia. I ended up with a 2nd class economy ticket on the frecciargento to Verona, then a Regionale to Bolzano.
Now, it looks like my trip plans have changed, and now I wish to make a stopover in Modena to visit the Ferrari factory. This means I have to change my train itinerary from Rome>Verona>Bolzano to Rome>Bologna>Modena and then buy an additional Modena>Bologna/Bolzano.
Is it possible to change my existing ticket, so that I can apply the money paid on the original ticket to the new itinerary? It is not just a time change but an actual itinerary/destination change- I looked around for info on that but it did not seem obvious if it was possible. "Economy" tickets say they are changeable but not refundable, but I don't know if changeable means just picking a new time, or if you can change the destination too.
I logged into trenitalia and selected my trip, then chose "exchange solution", but when I went through it had an error saying that the ticket class must be "economy cambia biglietto". I don't know if it is some random error or a consequence of a limitation of the Economy ticket.
Would this be possible if I called trenitalia on the phone? (Do their agents speak english? I know no italian) or, can I get this changed at a train station once I arrive in Italy and am able to speak to someone at the ticketing desk, or would I have to simply eat the price paid for the previously booked ticket and just book new ones to reflect the new itinerary?
Thanks, not sure how best to proceed from here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Place to stay
- 2 CROATIA, SLOVENIA 16 days itinerary help
- 3 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 4 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 London advice
- 7 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 10 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 Charming areas to explore in London
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Valencia, Spain
- 16 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 22 Driver"s License & Language
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 credit and debit cards
Possible to change economy ticket on trenitalia to new destination?