We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 11 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 Iceland for Nine Days
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Rome or Venice first
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast