We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Possible Spain trip - what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 2 Last few days in Italy -- North of Tuscany -- ideas?
- 3 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 4 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 5 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 13 car rental info
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Rail tickets
- 16 bath or york
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 20 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time