We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 2 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 3 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 4 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 5 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 6 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 7 Breakfast: London
- 8 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 9 Montpellier to Arles
- 10 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 11 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 12 Loire Valley itinerary
- 13 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 14 Currency
- 15 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 16 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 17 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 18 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 21 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 22 Poland Tour Group
- 23 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 24 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia