We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 3 travel fan 220v?
- 4 Moldova and Transnistria
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 7 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 8 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 10 Europe in October!
- 11 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Barcelona - places to stay
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 B&Bs in Ireland
- 19 Zadar or Sibenik
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Guide in Russia
- 22 Train travel
- 23 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 24 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks