We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Possible Spain trip - what would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Three days in Spain
- 3 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 7 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 8 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 9 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 12 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 13 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 18 best time to book accommodation
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 Oktoberfest reservations
- 21 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 22 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 23 No points in Paris .....
- 24 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 25 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons