We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 3 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 7 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 8 Iceland itinerary help
- 9 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 12 Hertz Never Lost
- 13 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 14 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 15 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 16 2 Days in Bologna
- 17 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 18 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 21 First Time Europe Trip
- 22 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 23 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 24 Cordoba or Granada?
- 25 Hostel Advice