We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip with our daughter who will be 17 at time of travel. We were going to go on a cruise in July but for a variety of reasons have decided against it... we are looking at Italy (we have been once) or Spain. We are traveling on FF miles and the flights to Italy are a bit of a drag (many stops and long travel time) I can fly to Madrid direct from DFW for economy super saver miles and get all 3 tickets for a total of 150,000 miles in "economy plus" (no idea how much better that will be than regular economy have never used it). I have another thread for the Italy trip but thought I would get some ideas to propose to my daughter... she is not a hearty traveler and on both trips to Europe we ended up seeking medical attention - once in Florence and once in Paris. Yikes.
Recently, I had to leave our vacation in Cabo after a hospital stay and an early flight home to have emergency gallbladder removal. I am still home recovering and Vicodin is my friend so please forgive any strange sentences or typos
When: May 2014 May 5-19 in and out of Madrid
Who: 57 year old husband, 46 year old me and 17 year old daughter
Why: a graduation present combined with her 16 year birthday "trip/gift" (It was delayed to combine the two events)
Flying on FF miles in and out of DFW to Madrid
Would like to spend May 10-17 @ http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/agpmb-marriotts-marbella-beach-resort/ - we have a Marriott time share that I have a good chance of swapping for that property.
Would LOVE to either do a day trip or over night to Morrocco during that week... (possible??)
So we arrive in Madrid on May 6 @ 10:05 am....
May 6 - 10 - Open? - Thoughts? We are not really "big" city people (Preferred Florence over Rome for example - don't hate us!) Seville looks amazing to me... Ronda as well...
May 17 - 19 (could spend the last few nights in Madrid?) flight leaves @ 1;00 pm on May 19th...
Dream a little with me so I can help our daughter have a wonderful trip that falls within our budget... I really want it to be special for her and know this might not be her "first choice" but feel it could be a wonderful experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 2 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 3 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 4 Small town near Grenada?
- 5 Rome Rental Car
- 6 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 7 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 8 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 12 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 13 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 14 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 15 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 16 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 17 Berlin restaurant recs
- 18 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 23 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 24 3 days to spend in europe
- 25 Slovakia day trip