I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 5 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Rouen Tour Companies
- 8 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 15 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan