I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Borghese Gallery Question
- 3 Italy Vacation
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Germany or Sweden
- 10 Cork questions
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 15 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 16 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 17 Spain: train/rental car help
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 First Solo Adventure
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Stu Tower