I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 9 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area