I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy