I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 stonehenge day trip from london
- 6 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 7 Trip to Ireland in September
- 8 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 9 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 14 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 19 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 20 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Athens International airport