I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 2 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Budapest & Prague
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 13 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 14 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 15 Swiss Travel Pass
- 16 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Athens
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 21 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 22 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 23 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 24 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 25 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists