I am in early researching for an 8 week trip to the UK in 2017. We would be arriving in London and am looking at five nights with a day trip to Windsor.
Basically I am looking at going up one side and then back down the other side of the U.K. Train up to Lakes District then Edinburgh picking up a car to see a little of Scotland. Then back down the other side. Possiblly either keeping the car and handing it back after Kent. Hope this makes sense.
Places we would like to see
Scotland (2 weeks)
Newcastle on Tyne
Maybe Kent if there is time. I can push this out to 9 weeks if needed
The issue as I see it is picking bases that we could stay to see all theses places. We do not like to pack and unpack all the time so seven days in a major base is our ideal. Happy to take advice. It would be from May 2017
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 6 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 7 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 8 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 9 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 10 Westerplatte
- 11 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 Cutback on Spain trip
- 14 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 Bernina Express mid-March
- 17 Croatia transportation question.
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Biarritz family holiday
- 21 Ireland hotel questions
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 getting to CDG