My husband and I are have been in southern Brittany for almost 2 weeks. Currently in Trinite-sur-mer, we have TGV tickets on Thursday , Sept 21 from Rennes (train # 5280) to CDG. Our plan is to stay overnight at the airport Thursday evening before our morning departure for Boston on the 22nd.
There is a planned strike for that Thursday including unions involved in the transportation sector. We checked on the SNCF APP and so far, there is no report of any change in schedule.
Any suggestions on how to gather information? Are there particular trains, routes, times, etc. that are shared with the public? And, if so, how? We are in a quandry on how to handle this wrinkle. We have a car which we could, I guess, drive to CDC instead of Rennes if there is a strike which;would effect us. However,we really hate the idea of such a long drive and in tackling Paris traffic and chaos.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 22 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please