My husband and I are have been in southern Brittany for almost 2 weeks. Currently in Trinite-sur-mer, we have TGV tickets on Thursday , Sept 21 from Rennes (train # 5280) to CDG. Our plan is to stay overnight at the airport Thursday evening before our morning departure for Boston on the 22nd.
There is a planned strike for that Thursday including unions involved in the transportation sector. We checked on the SNCF APP and so far, there is no report of any change in schedule.
Any suggestions on how to gather information? Are there particular trains, routes, times, etc. that are shared with the public? And, if so, how? We are in a quandry on how to handle this wrinkle. We have a car which we could, I guess, drive to CDC instead of Rennes if there is a strike which;would effect us. However,we really hate the idea of such a long drive and in tackling Paris traffic and chaos.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old