My husband and I are have been in southern Brittany for almost 2 weeks. Currently in Trinite-sur-mer, we have TGV tickets on Thursday , Sept 21 from Rennes (train # 5280) to CDG. Our plan is to stay overnight at the airport Thursday evening before our morning departure for Boston on the 22nd.
There is a planned strike for that Thursday including unions involved in the transportation sector. We checked on the SNCF APP and so far, there is no report of any change in schedule.
Any suggestions on how to gather information? Are there particular trains, routes, times, etc. that are shared with the public? And, if so, how? We are in a quandry on how to handle this wrinkle. We have a car which we could, I guess, drive to CDC instead of Rennes if there is a strike which;would effect us. However,we really hate the idea of such a long drive and in tackling Paris traffic and chaos.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 2 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice