Going to Spain next June 2016. Starting to plan a bit. Our kids will be 7,5.5 and 2.8 at travel. I studied abroad in Barcelona in college and have been to Spain after as I love the country and speak a fair amount of Spanish. We waited until our oldest 2 were a bit easier to travel with. So here is our tentative agenda 1 and 2 would really love to see Valencia but don't want to push too hard want to enjoy the time too. ? We are interested in buying an affordable house there someday possibly. We also love Italy and I really wanted to take my kids there but want to simplify and will go back hopefully in near future. We have 18 nights total including flight night over from us to Spain. So really it's 17 nights.
Agenda plan A
This is order of trip and we plan a 3 legged airplane ticket
Madrid- 5 nights -daytrips- Segovia and Toledo- possibly Avila if it doesn't feel rushed
San Sebastián-4 nights, Bilbao day trip, maybe French day trip
Barcelona- 5 nights
We would rent a car when we leave Madrid and keep until Barcelona. We don't want cars in big cities. Perhaps not in Valencia too..?
Madrid- 6 nights( day trips like in plan a)
San Sebastián- 5 nights (day trips like in plan a)
Maybe 1 night Burgos or Rioja since Enroute from Madrid to San sebastian
Barcelona- 6 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 5 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 6 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 11 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 12 base for Andalucia
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Italy travel plan help
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 road trip through scotland
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus