Going to Spain next June 2016. Starting to plan a bit. Our kids will be 7,5.5 and 2.8 at travel. I studied abroad in Barcelona in college and have been to Spain after as I love the country and speak a fair amount of Spanish. We waited until our oldest 2 were a bit easier to travel with. So here is our tentative agenda 1 and 2 would really love to see Valencia but don't want to push too hard want to enjoy the time too. ? We are interested in buying an affordable house there someday possibly. We also love Italy and I really wanted to take my kids there but want to simplify and will go back hopefully in near future. We have 18 nights total including flight night over from us to Spain. So really it's 17 nights.
Agenda plan A
This is order of trip and we plan a 3 legged airplane ticket
Madrid- 5 nights -daytrips- Segovia and Toledo- possibly Avila if it doesn't feel rushed
San Sebastián-4 nights, Bilbao day trip, maybe French day trip
Barcelona- 5 nights
We would rent a car when we leave Madrid and keep until Barcelona. We don't want cars in big cities. Perhaps not in Valencia too..?
Madrid- 6 nights( day trips like in plan a)
San Sebastián- 5 nights (day trips like in plan a)
Maybe 1 night Burgos or Rioja since Enroute from Madrid to San sebastian
Barcelona- 6 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Aix Provence
- 6 Sintra
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 Murren to Prague
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 20 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?