Going to Spain next June 2016. Starting to plan a bit. Our kids will be 7,5.5 and 2.8 at travel. I studied abroad in Barcelona in college and have been to Spain after as I love the country and speak a fair amount of Spanish. We waited until our oldest 2 were a bit easier to travel with. So here is our tentative agenda 1 and 2 would really love to see Valencia but don't want to push too hard want to enjoy the time too. ? We are interested in buying an affordable house there someday possibly. We also love Italy and I really wanted to take my kids there but want to simplify and will go back hopefully in near future. We have 18 nights total including flight night over from us to Spain. So really it's 17 nights.
Agenda plan A
This is order of trip and we plan a 3 legged airplane ticket
Madrid- 5 nights -daytrips- Segovia and Toledo- possibly Avila if it doesn't feel rushed
San Sebastián-4 nights, Bilbao day trip, maybe French day trip
Barcelona- 5 nights
We would rent a car when we leave Madrid and keep until Barcelona. We don't want cars in big cities. Perhaps not in Valencia too..?
Madrid- 6 nights( day trips like in plan a)
San Sebastián- 5 nights (day trips like in plan a)
Maybe 1 night Burgos or Rioja since Enroute from Madrid to San sebastian
Barcelona- 6 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 17 French language immersion schools in France
- 18 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Trogir or Split