Going to Spain next June 2016. Starting to plan a bit. Our kids will be 7,5.5 and 2.8 at travel. I studied abroad in Barcelona in college and have been to Spain after as I love the country and speak a fair amount of Spanish. We waited until our oldest 2 were a bit easier to travel with. So here is our tentative agenda 1 and 2 would really love to see Valencia but don't want to push too hard want to enjoy the time too. ? We are interested in buying an affordable house there someday possibly. We also love Italy and I really wanted to take my kids there but want to simplify and will go back hopefully in near future. We have 18 nights total including flight night over from us to Spain. So really it's 17 nights.
Agenda plan A
This is order of trip and we plan a 3 legged airplane ticket
Madrid- 5 nights -daytrips- Segovia and Toledo- possibly Avila if it doesn't feel rushed
San Sebastián-4 nights, Bilbao day trip, maybe French day trip
Barcelona- 5 nights
We would rent a car when we leave Madrid and keep until Barcelona. We don't want cars in big cities. Perhaps not in Valencia too..?
Madrid- 6 nights( day trips like in plan a)
San Sebastián- 5 nights (day trips like in plan a)
Maybe 1 night Burgos or Rioja since Enroute from Madrid to San sebastian
Barcelona- 6 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 NORTON Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 5 Schengen Rule
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 8 Russia in two weeks in December
- 9 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 10 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 11 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 12 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 13 9 Days in Spain
- 14 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 15 Norway Honeymoon
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 18 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 19 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 20 Our future trip to Greece
- 21 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 22 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 23 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 24 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 25 Pay attention to your watches !