As I research our October trip to Italy, I was hoping to get some info on a few questions. My wife and I land in Naples then proceed directly to Positano (stay few days) then to Sorrento (stay few days) then back to Naples (stay few days, fly out).
1 - Any need to pre-book ferry online now for a Tues mid-Oct trip to Sorrento from Positano? I see only 2 ferries listed and we'd want a specific time. I thought a ferry ride would be more interesting than the bus trip, true?
2 - For day trips to Amalfi (from Positano) and Capri (from Sorrento), any need to pre-book online now ferries in mid/late October, or should it be easy enough to buy the day before/day of?
3 - Same for trains to Naples and day trip to Pompeii, any need to book now?
Traditionally I prefer to plan ahead and book before we arrive in country but usually we travel in Sept, which I imagine is quite a bit busier. Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Itinerary
- 2 train or plane
- 3 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 4 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 9 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 10 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 14 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 restaurants in Marais district
- 17 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???