As I research our October trip to Italy, I was hoping to get some info on a few questions. My wife and I land in Naples then proceed directly to Positano (stay few days) then to Sorrento (stay few days) then back to Naples (stay few days, fly out).
1 - Any need to pre-book ferry online now for a Tues mid-Oct trip to Sorrento from Positano? I see only 2 ferries listed and we'd want a specific time. I thought a ferry ride would be more interesting than the bus trip, true?
2 - For day trips to Amalfi (from Positano) and Capri (from Sorrento), any need to pre-book online now ferries in mid/late October, or should it be easy enough to buy the day before/day of?
3 - Same for trains to Naples and day trip to Pompeii, any need to book now?
Traditionally I prefer to plan ahead and book before we arrive in country but usually we travel in Sept, which I imagine is quite a bit busier. Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 5 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 16 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 17 Bordeaux to Nice
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Uber vs. TfL
- 22 Berlin
- 23 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast