As I research our October trip to Italy, I was hoping to get some info on a few questions. My wife and I land in Naples then proceed directly to Positano (stay few days) then to Sorrento (stay few days) then back to Naples (stay few days, fly out).
1 - Any need to pre-book ferry online now for a Tues mid-Oct trip to Sorrento from Positano? I see only 2 ferries listed and we'd want a specific time. I thought a ferry ride would be more interesting than the bus trip, true?
2 - For day trips to Amalfi (from Positano) and Capri (from Sorrento), any need to pre-book online now ferries in mid/late October, or should it be easy enough to buy the day before/day of?
3 - Same for trains to Naples and day trip to Pompeii, any need to book now?
Traditionally I prefer to plan ahead and book before we arrive in country but usually we travel in Sept, which I imagine is quite a bit busier. Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 3 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 4 Train travel
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 7 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 8 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 9 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 10 DVD burning software
- 11 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 14 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 15 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 16 WWI Battlefields
- 17 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 22 Iceland 3 day layover
- 23 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 24 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice