As I research our October trip to Italy, I was hoping to get some info on a few questions. My wife and I land in Naples then proceed directly to Positano (stay few days) then to Sorrento (stay few days) then back to Naples (stay few days, fly out).
1 - Any need to pre-book ferry online now for a Tues mid-Oct trip to Sorrento from Positano? I see only 2 ferries listed and we'd want a specific time. I thought a ferry ride would be more interesting than the bus trip, true?
2 - For day trips to Amalfi (from Positano) and Capri (from Sorrento), any need to pre-book online now ferries in mid/late October, or should it be easy enough to buy the day before/day of?
3 - Same for trains to Naples and day trip to Pompeii, any need to book now?
Traditionally I prefer to plan ahead and book before we arrive in country but usually we travel in Sept, which I imagine is quite a bit busier. Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Uffizi Phone Number
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 12 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 19 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 20 Firt time VISA applicant
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich