My husband and I are doing an Amalfi Coast trip in mid-September. We have 8 nights total to explore the area and are planning on doing 1 night in Naples, 3 nights in Amalfi Coast and 4 nights in Capri. We thought of seeing Pompeii on our way down from Naples so no other sights in that area. Hotels have been incredibly difficult to find in the AC as mid Sep is still high season. Should we stay in Sorrento and explore the AC from there or stay in Positano and explore the AC from there? We have reservations in both places, just trying to finalize the itinerary. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Day trip from London in December
- 11 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 12 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Loire or Provence in January?
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 19 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 20 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 23 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 24 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 25 Europe First Timers