I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bahadur Hp printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 3 Best layover option
- 4 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 7 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 8 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 11 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 14 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 15 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 18 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 19 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 20 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 23 3 months in Bristol
- 24 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 25 Watching A Musical At The West End In London