I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 3 Local markets in Italy
- 4 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 5 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 6 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 7 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 8 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 9 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 10 Guides - Matera
- 11 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 12 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 13 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 14 Europe Sim card help
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 Buying flowers in London?
- 17 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 18 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 19 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 20 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 21 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 22 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 23 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 24 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 25 To do afternoon of arrival in London