I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Check-In
- 2 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 3 Speeding fines
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 5 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 6 Madrid and Seville in February ?
- 7 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 8 Italy in June/July
- 9 November Eastern Europe Trip
- 10 London
- 11 Gare du Lyon to CDG Airport
- 12 My Topic Titlelast minute stupid question
- 13 Travel guide paris
- 14 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 15 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 16 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 17 Touring Rome
- 18 Calling on all Alps hiking experts for some advice
- 19 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 20 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 21 Cornwall and Germany
- 22 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 23 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 24 Where can I find the best steak in London?
- 25 honeymoon eats and drinks