I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 2 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 3 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 Rome to Positano
- 6 Day trips from Uzes
- 7 Laundry - Ireland?
- 8 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 9 Naples or Genoa
- 10 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 11 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 12 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 17 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 18 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 19 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 22 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 23 How big backpack do I need?
- 24 Itinerary help please!
- 25 Prague on a budget...