I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 4 Vienna or Munich
- 5 My summer in Paris
- 6 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 7 Walking the Cotswolds
- 8 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 9 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 10 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 11 Day trips from Cologne
- 12 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 13 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 14 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?
- 15 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 16 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 17 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 18 Day trips from London advice
- 19 IDP for Scotland
- 20 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 21 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 22 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 23 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 24 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 25 Corsica and Sardinia