I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안카지노【非】 ＹＴＥ64.ＣＯＭ 【非】아시안카지노
- 2 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 3 Munich hotel options
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia Herzegovina in September
- 5 Seeking suggestions on Eastern Alps/Salzberg/Innsbruck trip
- 6 Travelling Solo in South of France and Paris
- 7 21 day from milan to prague
- 8 Swiss Transport Questions
- 9 Belgium in September
- 10 London theater recommendation(s)
- 11 Costa Brava - In 7 Days Suggestions
- 12 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 13 Our Paris plans
- 14 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 15 Ideas for trip somewhere in Europe this October for 4?
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 Rome apt or 2-star hotel near Trastevere
- 18 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 19 London train and hotel information?
- 20 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 21 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 22 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 23 Portmouth, Devon, & Cornwall
- 24 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 25 Modifying car rental for new destination