I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Portugal vacation - restaurants
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel tax is 20%
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 6 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 7 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 8 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 11 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 12 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 13 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 14 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 15 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 16 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 17 Venice - boats on canals
- 18 ITALY
- 19 Paris first then where?
- 20 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 23 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 24 Akrotiri Tours
- 25 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable