I've already posted an update on the pousadas we stayed in and our experience on their toll roads.
I wanted to mention two restos we really enjoyed. The first is relatively well-known, Maria do Mer in Nazaré. We read about it in Geo (a French travel guide); they rated it a
It was overall, a very pleasant evening. The service tended to be a bit slow but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. Our neighbours had the fish stew; it looked incredible. I had the grilled cod and my wife the shrimp, both meals were very good. There is a Maria (and her daughters) and she is everywhere. She speaks English French and of course Portuguese. At the end of our meal (huge portions by the way), she offered us a ginjinha.
The second was in Evora, Restaurat Piri-piri. We lived near Little Portugal in Toronto and now live near the Portuguese community in Montreal and love their chicken; we didn't see much though during our trip. We stumbled across this place our last night and decided to go in. The food was good (my steak was in a sauce I couldn't stop eating, cream, beer coffee, and god knows what else) but what struck us was the friendliness of the staff / family. There seemed to be a son, his parents and his grandmother in the kitchen. We stopped by after the meal to thank them and the grandmother gave my wife a big hug !
Portugal vacation - restaurants
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 2 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 3 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 4 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 5 Swiss rail passes
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 8 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 9 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 train to Vernon France
- 12 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 13 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 16 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 17 A drive in Europe
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 22 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions