We were investigating the possibility of taking a holiday next May by flying into Porto spending one night there then taking the "scenic " train up to either Regua or Pinhao. We would the spend 2 nights at one of these places (not both) before getting the train back to Porto where we would spend a further 2 nights. We cannot afford the best choice being the boat up the river so the train seems to be the best alternative option. Is this all feasible and how easy would it be do it all be train from Porto. What are the connections like and are they quite a few trains on this line each day.Can we book a seat in advance so we ensure we are sitting on the side of the river. Any feedback on our proposed project will be appreciated. We have just reached 60 and retirement but we are fairly fit so we need to bear this mind nothing too energetic!!
Portugal . Twin Centre Porto and Regua/Pinhao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 4 shortened trip to Italy
- 5 Italy tours
- 6 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 Amsterdam
- 9 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 10 Gift for French business associate
- 11 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 12 Sunny September Trip Report
- 13 Trip Report, part 1
- 14 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 15 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 16 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 19 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 20 London GTG late September?
- 21 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 24 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15