We were investigating the possibility of taking a holiday next May by flying into Porto spending one night there then taking the "scenic " train up to either Regua or Pinhao. We would the spend 2 nights at one of these places (not both) before getting the train back to Porto where we would spend a further 2 nights. We cannot afford the best choice being the boat up the river so the train seems to be the best alternative option. Is this all feasible and how easy would it be do it all be train from Porto. What are the connections like and are they quite a few trains on this line each day.Can we book a seat in advance so we ensure we are sitting on the side of the river. Any feedback on our proposed project will be appreciated. We have just reached 60 and retirement but we are fairly fit so we need to bear this mind nothing too energetic!!
Portugal . Twin Centre Porto and Regua/Pinhao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 A Week in Spain
- 4 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 5 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 6 Now for the Venice hotel
- 7 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 8 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 9 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 12 week in scotland
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 17 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 18 Rocamaxour
- 19 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 20 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 21 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 25 venice, italy