We were investigating the possibility of taking a holiday next May by flying into Porto spending one night there then taking the "scenic " train up to either Regua or Pinhao. We would the spend 2 nights at one of these places (not both) before getting the train back to Porto where we would spend a further 2 nights. We cannot afford the best choice being the boat up the river so the train seems to be the best alternative option. Is this all feasible and how easy would it be do it all be train from Porto. What are the connections like and are they quite a few trains on this line each day.Can we book a seat in advance so we ensure we are sitting on the side of the river. Any feedback on our proposed project will be appreciated. We have just reached 60 and retirement but we are fairly fit so we need to bear this mind nothing too energetic!!
Portugal . Twin Centre Porto and Regua/Pinhao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 12 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 15 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Museums in Berlin
- 25 Schengen Visa Rules