We were investigating the possibility of taking a holiday next May by flying into Porto spending one night there then taking the "scenic " train up to either Regua or Pinhao. We would the spend 2 nights at one of these places (not both) before getting the train back to Porto where we would spend a further 2 nights. We cannot afford the best choice being the boat up the river so the train seems to be the best alternative option. Is this all feasible and how easy would it be do it all be train from Porto. What are the connections like and are they quite a few trains on this line each day.Can we book a seat in advance so we ensure we are sitting on the side of the river. Any feedback on our proposed project will be appreciated. We have just reached 60 and retirement but we are fairly fit so we need to bear this mind nothing too energetic!!
Portugal . Twin Centre Porto and Regua/Pinhao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 2 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 3 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 4 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 5 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 6 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 museum passes in Rome
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 12 Lavender Fields
- 13 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 14 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 15 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 Where to stay in Rome
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Munich
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 25 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?