We were investigating the possibility of taking a holiday next May by flying into Porto spending one night there then taking the "scenic " train up to either Regua or Pinhao. We would the spend 2 nights at one of these places (not both) before getting the train back to Porto where we would spend a further 2 nights. We cannot afford the best choice being the boat up the river so the train seems to be the best alternative option. Is this all feasible and how easy would it be do it all be train from Porto. What are the connections like and are they quite a few trains on this line each day.Can we book a seat in advance so we ensure we are sitting on the side of the river. Any feedback on our proposed project will be appreciated. We have just reached 60 and retirement but we are fairly fit so we need to bear this mind nothing too energetic!!
Portugal . Twin Centre Porto and Regua/Pinhao
View all Europe activity »
- 1 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 4 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 9 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 10 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast