After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 2 Our Fabulous South-West France Adventure - September 2014
- 3 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 4 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 5 Granada to Madrid
- 6 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 7 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 9 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 10 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 French open 2017
- 13 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 14 What do pack for Ireland?
- 15 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 16 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 17 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 20 TAP airlines & other questions
- 21 Sentimental Journey
- 22 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 23 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 24 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 25 Netflix and Hulu