After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 2 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 3 Train travel
- 4 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 5 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 DVD burning software
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 17 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Iceland 3 day layover
- 22 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 23 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Milos beach stay