After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Paris Metro
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 13 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 14 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 getting to CDG
- 17 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 18 Cambrils
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 24 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 25 solo guy traveling to europe help please