After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 info Faro & Algarve
- 6 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 7 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 8 Nafplio to Hydra
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Santorini lodging
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 17 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 20 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 23 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 24 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April