After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Portugal, Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 3 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 4 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 5 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 8 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 9 By train to and out of Prague
- 10 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 13 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 14 Scuol, Switzerland
- 15 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 16 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 17 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 18 Lake Como transportation questions
- 19 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 20 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 25 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why