After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?