After our amazing trip to Berlin and Rhodes this summer (if you want any details, please feel free to ask), we are now starting early to plan a trip to Portugal next summer, with our two teenage boys, who will be 15 and 17 when we leave.
We want to include Lisbon and Porto and are wondering where else we should visit and what other places would be interesting to see as well. Are the excellent beaches only in the south and is that where you would recommend going for some rest and relaxation beach time? How many days should we allocate for each destination?
As well, would it be a good idea to take a 2 day trip to Seville, another place we have always wanted to visit?
We are allocating about 14 full days to the time in Portugal.
Thanks for your initial recommendations.
Portugal, Summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 4 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Italy
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 15 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 18 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 19 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 22 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 23 Travel with Teens
- 24 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt