I am planning a trip to Europe in September 2017. I travel with my husband and our son who will be 3 years old by the time of the trip. We have already taken him on a trip last year when he was one, so we know the challenges of travelling with a child.
I was wondering if you can help us with the plan we put, which goes as follow:
We come from Egypt, so:
*Lisbon (4 nights), Barcelona (4 nights), Venice (3 nights), then Rome (3 nights)*
We will try to book cheap flights between Lisbon/Barcelona and Barcelona/Venice, and will take the train from Venice to Rome. Please note that we have been to Rome before but wish to visit again.
I need suggestions regarding the following:
1. Is there a way we can reduce the number of days in any of the cities above? Please note that we are more interested in the cultural aspects, sightseeing, food and shopping. Not very keen on art and museums.
2. Is flying the best way to travel between cities? Is there a cheaper and also comfortable option?
3. Do you have any suggestions regarding accommodation (we have a very tight budget since the airline ticket is expensive + internal flights).
4. Any advice for travelling with a 3 year old? should we take a stroller (we walk a lot)?
5. Can we still go to the beach in early September? Which one do you suggest and which city??
I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding the plan. I am trying to reduce expenses but still have a comfortable travel/stay since we travel with a child.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 3 Gap of Dunloe
- 4 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 5 강남역풀살롱추천O1O 4444 9374↙강남역풀살롱예약 강남역풀싸롱
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 8 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 9 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 10 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 11 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 16 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 17 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 22 Restaurants
- 23 Bursa/Iznik
- 24 Confused on which train pass
- 25 Best of Norway