I am planning a trip to Europe in September 2017. I travel with my husband and our son who will be 3 years old by the time of the trip. We have already taken him on a trip last year when he was one, so we know the challenges of travelling with a child.
I was wondering if you can help us with the plan we put, which goes as follow:
We come from Egypt, so:
*Lisbon (4 nights), Barcelona (4 nights), Venice (3 nights), then Rome (3 nights)*
We will try to book cheap flights between Lisbon/Barcelona and Barcelona/Venice, and will take the train from Venice to Rome. Please note that we have been to Rome before but wish to visit again.
I need suggestions regarding the following:
1. Is there a way we can reduce the number of days in any of the cities above? Please note that we are more interested in the cultural aspects, sightseeing, food and shopping. Not very keen on art and museums.
2. Is flying the best way to travel between cities? Is there a cheaper and also comfortable option?
3. Do you have any suggestions regarding accommodation (we have a very tight budget since the airline ticket is expensive + internal flights).
4. Any advice for travelling with a 3 year old? should we take a stroller (we walk a lot)?
5. Can we still go to the beach in early September? Which one do you suggest and which city??
I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding the plan. I am trying to reduce expenses but still have a comfortable travel/stay since we travel with a child.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 COX @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre SUPP0RT 24/7
- 3 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 4 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 13 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 14 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 15 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 16 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 17 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 18 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 19 Maximizing Norway time
- 20 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 21 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 22 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 23 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 24 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 25 Hiking in Switzerland