I am planning a trip to Europe in September 2017. I travel with my husband and our son who will be 3 years old by the time of the trip. We have already taken him on a trip last year when he was one, so we know the challenges of travelling with a child.
I was wondering if you can help us with the plan we put, which goes as follow:
We come from Egypt, so:
*Lisbon (4 nights), Barcelona (4 nights), Venice (3 nights), then Rome (3 nights)*
We will try to book cheap flights between Lisbon/Barcelona and Barcelona/Venice, and will take the train from Venice to Rome. Please note that we have been to Rome before but wish to visit again.
I need suggestions regarding the following:
1. Is there a way we can reduce the number of days in any of the cities above? Please note that we are more interested in the cultural aspects, sightseeing, food and shopping. Not very keen on art and museums.
2. Is flying the best way to travel between cities? Is there a cheaper and also comfortable option?
3. Do you have any suggestions regarding accommodation (we have a very tight budget since the airline ticket is expensive + internal flights).
4. Any advice for travelling with a 3 year old? should we take a stroller (we walk a lot)?
5. Can we still go to the beach in early September? Which one do you suggest and which city??
I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding the plan. I am trying to reduce expenses but still have a comfortable travel/stay since we travel with a child.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 Meteora for older folk
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Athens
- 7 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 8 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague