I am planning a trip to Europe in September 2017. I travel with my husband and our son who will be 3 years old by the time of the trip. We have already taken him on a trip last year when he was one, so we know the challenges of travelling with a child.
I was wondering if you can help us with the plan we put, which goes as follow:
We come from Egypt, so:
*Lisbon (4 nights), Barcelona (4 nights), Venice (3 nights), then Rome (3 nights)*
We will try to book cheap flights between Lisbon/Barcelona and Barcelona/Venice, and will take the train from Venice to Rome. Please note that we have been to Rome before but wish to visit again.
I need suggestions regarding the following:
1. Is there a way we can reduce the number of days in any of the cities above? Please note that we are more interested in the cultural aspects, sightseeing, food and shopping. Not very keen on art and museums.
2. Is flying the best way to travel between cities? Is there a cheaper and also comfortable option?
3. Do you have any suggestions regarding accommodation (we have a very tight budget since the airline ticket is expensive + internal flights).
4. Any advice for travelling with a 3 year old? should we take a stroller (we walk a lot)?
5. Can we still go to the beach in early September? Which one do you suggest and which city??
I would really appreciate any suggestions regarding the plan. I am trying to reduce expenses but still have a comfortable travel/stay since we travel with a child.
Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Electrical Power Conversion
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Douro Valley in January?
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 10 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 11 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 24 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 25 Barcelona alternative