We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 6 to july 28 ); We are two adults and two young kids (3 and 7)..
and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. Then we thought about Scotland and then, after lots of reading, i've foud that that seems great but not for this summer. Then we go back to Portugal (and maybe Spain)
First, some informations so you can can give better and more precise answers to me :
1) We are from Montréal Canada.
2) Both my girlfriend and I are teacher (not English be reassure, our main language is french !) so we don',t have the choice of our vacations. It must be july or august.
3)) For transportation we can use car or train. We would choose the best/cheapest way. What's your thoughts about this In Portugal ?
4) We are also open to rent 3 appartement for our trip (one week by appartement). So we could chose three towns that allows us to do day trip around (poorto, Lisbioa and ? )
6) We are not beach type, we don't like that much being at the beach so having access to one is not necessary but can be part of our trip
5 ) About the heat. I don't like the heat that much so we tend to not stay in intense heat for too many times. We don't like it much but we can manage it most of the time (the ideal would be to get a air conditionned room for the night !) Is Portogual will be a bit colder than Spian or Itlaly ?
6) maybe we could be in Portugal for 15 days and add couples of days in Spain (Seville ? )
7) From Montreal The easiest flight is Lisboa does anyone can suggest us a route that take us there at the begining and the end of our trip ?
8) Budget is around 7000 euros (including flight) Is it doable ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London, dec2017
- 2 A few more questions about Brittany
- 3 Flight
- 4 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 5 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 9 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 14 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 20 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 21 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 22 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 23 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 24 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes