We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 6 to july 28 ); We are two adults and two young kids (3 and 7)..
and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. Then we thought about Scotland and then, after lots of reading, i've foud that that seems great but not for this summer. Then we go back to Portugal (and maybe Spain)
First, some informations so you can can give better and more precise answers to me :
1) We are from Montréal Canada.
2) Both my girlfriend and I are teacher (not English be reassure, our main language is french !) so we don',t have the choice of our vacations. It must be july or august.
3)) For transportation we can use car or train. We would choose the best/cheapest way. What's your thoughts about this In Portugal ?
4) We are also open to rent 3 appartement for our trip (one week by appartement). So we could chose three towns that allows us to do day trip around (poorto, Lisbioa and ? )
6) We are not beach type, we don't like that much being at the beach so having access to one is not necessary but can be part of our trip
5 ) About the heat. I don't like the heat that much so we tend to not stay in intense heat for too many times. We don't like it much but we can manage it most of the time (the ideal would be to get a air conditionned room for the night !) Is Portogual will be a bit colder than Spian or Itlaly ?
6) maybe we could be in Portugal for 15 days and add couples of days in Spain (Seville ? )
7) From Montreal The easiest flight is Lisboa does anyone can suggest us a route that take us there at the begining and the end of our trip ?
8) Budget is around 7000 euros (including flight) Is it doable ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim Card Options
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 38 Days in Paris
- 5 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Day trip ideas
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 11 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 12 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?