We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 6 to july 28 ); We are two adults and two young kids (3 and 7)..
and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. Then we thought about Scotland and then, after lots of reading, i've foud that that seems great but not for this summer. Then we go back to Portugal (and maybe Spain)
First, some informations so you can can give better and more precise answers to me :
1) We are from Montréal Canada.
2) Both my girlfriend and I are teacher (not English be reassure, our main language is french !) so we don',t have the choice of our vacations. It must be july or august.
3)) For transportation we can use car or train. We would choose the best/cheapest way. What's your thoughts about this In Portugal ?
4) We are also open to rent 3 appartement for our trip (one week by appartement). So we could chose three towns that allows us to do day trip around (poorto, Lisbioa and ? )
6) We are not beach type, we don't like that much being at the beach so having access to one is not necessary but can be part of our trip
5 ) About the heat. I don't like the heat that much so we tend to not stay in intense heat for too many times. We don't like it much but we can manage it most of the time (the ideal would be to get a air conditionned room for the night !) Is Portogual will be a bit colder than Spian or Itlaly ?
6) maybe we could be in Portugal for 15 days and add couples of days in Spain (Seville ? )
7) From Montreal The easiest flight is Lisboa does anyone can suggest us a route that take us there at the begining and the end of our trip ?
8) Budget is around 7000 euros (including flight) Is it doable ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hill of crosses
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 7 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 Italy June 6-16
- 17 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 18 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 19 Austria Trip Report
- 20 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Northern Ireland ideas
- 23 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Long weekend in Albania