We are slowly planning ou next trip for summer (something like july 6 to july 28 ); We are two adults and two young kids (3 and 7)..
and firts we have think about Spain or Italy, but many peiple told us that the heat can be unbearable. Then we thought about Scotland and then, after lots of reading, i've foud that that seems great but not for this summer. Then we go back to Portugal (and maybe Spain)
First, some informations so you can can give better and more precise answers to me :
1) We are from Montréal Canada.
2) Both my girlfriend and I are teacher (not English be reassure, our main language is french !) so we don',t have the choice of our vacations. It must be july or august.
3)) For transportation we can use car or train. We would choose the best/cheapest way. What's your thoughts about this In Portugal ?
4) We are also open to rent 3 appartement for our trip (one week by appartement). So we could chose three towns that allows us to do day trip around (poorto, Lisbioa and ? )
6) We are not beach type, we don't like that much being at the beach so having access to one is not necessary but can be part of our trip
5 ) About the heat. I don't like the heat that much so we tend to not stay in intense heat for too many times. We don't like it much but we can manage it most of the time (the ideal would be to get a air conditionned room for the night !) Is Portogual will be a bit colder than Spian or Itlaly ?
6) maybe we could be in Portugal for 15 days and add couples of days in Spain (Seville ? )
7) From Montreal The easiest flight is Lisboa does anyone can suggest us a route that take us there at the begining and the end of our trip ?
8) Budget is around 7000 euros (including flight) Is it doable ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Paris cooking classes
- 4 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 5 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking