We have 3 full days (4 nights) in Porto this summer that I can use some help with. My family loves to hike and we love natural beauty.
• Is it feasible to see the Rio Douro Valley in a day trip from Porto?
• If I take a train or boat up the Rio Douro Valley, are there places to get off that I should not miss? I am not sure what I should do beside take in the beauty.
• Is it feasible to hike in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres as a day trip in Porto?
That leaves me one full day to see Porto.
• Will I need a car up there or can I skip it and take public transportation?
• Do many people stay in the Rio Douro Valley and/or near or in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres? Or does it make sense to use Porto as a “base camp” for these two day trips?
• Maybe there are places I can stay near the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres. Any suggestions on this?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Bernese Oberland
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 6 Moscow Favorites
- 7 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 TIM in FCO - update
- 11 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 12 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 18 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 21 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 24 Trip to Switzerland
- 25 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London