We have 3 full days (4 nights) in Porto this summer that I can use some help with. My family loves to hike and we love natural beauty.
• Is it feasible to see the Rio Douro Valley in a day trip from Porto?
• If I take a train or boat up the Rio Douro Valley, are there places to get off that I should not miss? I am not sure what I should do beside take in the beauty.
• Is it feasible to hike in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres as a day trip in Porto?
That leaves me one full day to see Porto.
• Will I need a car up there or can I skip it and take public transportation?
• Do many people stay in the Rio Douro Valley and/or near or in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres? Or does it make sense to use Porto as a “base camp” for these two day trips?
• Maybe there are places I can stay near the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres. Any suggestions on this?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 9 Moving to Italy
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 15 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Athens
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?