We have 3 full days (4 nights) in Porto this summer that I can use some help with. My family loves to hike and we love natural beauty.
• Is it feasible to see the Rio Douro Valley in a day trip from Porto?
• If I take a train or boat up the Rio Douro Valley, are there places to get off that I should not miss? I am not sure what I should do beside take in the beauty.
• Is it feasible to hike in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres as a day trip in Porto?
That leaves me one full day to see Porto.
• Will I need a car up there or can I skip it and take public transportation?
• Do many people stay in the Rio Douro Valley and/or near or in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres? Or does it make sense to use Porto as a “base camp” for these two day trips?
• Maybe there are places I can stay near the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres. Any suggestions on this?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 Bordeaux to Nice
- 6 Travel in Europe
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 14 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 November in Rome
- 22 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Trains in Italy