We have been members for a few years but have not posted many questions as this forum has a wealth of information and has helped us plan our past summer vacations.
Our family (we have two sons, ages 17 and 15, who have enjoyed all of our travels together) have taken European summer vacations for the last six summers and have visited Germany, Spain, France, Slovenia, a few Greek Islands and many parts of Italy.
We are now planning for our 2015 summer vacation and cannot decide between the following two countries:
Portugal or Bulgaria.
We will have 16 full days to spend (plus 2 travel days) and we love art, architecture, history, beaches, old/medieval towns and beautiful scenery outside the big cities. We understand that Bulgaria is not as well travelled but looks very interesting. However, Portugal has that southern European feel that we really love.
Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Michael and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 14 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 scotland
- 17 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Ischia
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice