We have been members for a few years but have not posted many questions as this forum has a wealth of information and has helped us plan our past summer vacations.
Our family (we have two sons, ages 17 and 15, who have enjoyed all of our travels together) have taken European summer vacations for the last six summers and have visited Germany, Spain, France, Slovenia, a few Greek Islands and many parts of Italy.
We are now planning for our 2015 summer vacation and cannot decide between the following two countries:
Portugal or Bulgaria.
We will have 16 full days to spend (plus 2 travel days) and we love art, architecture, history, beaches, old/medieval towns and beautiful scenery outside the big cities. We understand that Bulgaria is not as well travelled but looks very interesting. However, Portugal has that southern European feel that we really love.
Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Michael and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning