We have been members for a few years but have not posted many questions as this forum has a wealth of information and has helped us plan our past summer vacations.
Our family (we have two sons, ages 17 and 15, who have enjoyed all of our travels together) have taken European summer vacations for the last six summers and have visited Germany, Spain, France, Slovenia, a few Greek Islands and many parts of Italy.
We are now planning for our 2015 summer vacation and cannot decide between the following two countries:
Portugal or Bulgaria.
We will have 16 full days to spend (plus 2 travel days) and we love art, architecture, history, beaches, old/medieval towns and beautiful scenery outside the big cities. We understand that Bulgaria is not as well travelled but looks very interesting. However, Portugal has that southern European feel that we really love.
Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Michael and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Athens
- 6 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 14 Meteora for older folk
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague