I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Corsica
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 4 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 5 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 카지노게임ª＼＼〃〃 ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 〃〃＼＼ª」슈퍼카지노
- 8 Shopping and staying near Frankfurt, Germany
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 London Restaurants
- 12 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 CDG to Marais transfer
- 15 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 18 Fun in the countryside and Tallinn
- 19 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 20 Travel Apps
- 21 What is your favorite travel app?
- 22 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 23 Transportation Question Italy
- 24 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 25 May get together in Paris