I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 4 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 5 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 6 driving from ancona to rome
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 23 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia