I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Leap Card
- 2 Vatican City questions
- 3 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 4 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 5 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 6 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 7 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 8 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Garda Land
- 16 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours