I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 2 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 23 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 Road trip with our dog