I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017