I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 4 Overnight at Heathrow
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 9 days in London
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Milan private guide
- 14 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Ronda Wine/biking
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 22 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 25 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari