I'll be in Portugal in early October and after reading quite a bit I have decided on the following rough itinerary. I'd appreciate your views on whether this would be doable. A few important points, I'll be arriving from Austria, where I currently live, so jetlag is not a consideration. Also, I'll be using trains and buses throughout.
Also, I could add an extra day if needed. I am not limited by a plane ticket yet.
Day 1 - Arrive in Lisbon mid-morning (walking tour in the afternoon)
Day 2 - Lisbon with Alfama in the evening
Day 3 - Belem in the morning, Sintra afternoon
Day 4 - Azeitao (visit to wine estate and cheese museum)
Day 5 - Tomar (Convent) and Aveiro
Day 6 - Costa Nova and Porto
Day 7 - Barcelos (Thursday market) and Porto
Day 8 - Douro excursion (guided)
Day 9 - Porto
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Acropolis Athens
- 5 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 10 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 13 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 14 We're here!
- 15 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 16 Trip Ideas
- 17 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 22 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 23 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 24 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 25 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!