Hi Fine Fodors People,
I'm planning a 14 (tourist days) trip to Portugal/Spain and ending in Madrid. 9 days in Portugal and 5 in Spain is my current plan. There is way more to do than I have time, so trying to strike a balance between experiencing many things but not rushing all the time. I am traveling solo.
I hope to experience beautiful building buildings, great food, great views Fado music, a mix of big city small towns coastal beauty (some swimming in the water...), a little adventure, and possibly some natural beauty if I can squeeze it in.
My itinerary right now is:
- 5 nights in Lisbon - side trip to Sintra (full day)
- 1 day/1 night in Evora - will rent car in Lisbon and keep throughout Algarve leg
- 3 days/3nights in Algarve - this is what I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
- Faro to Seville - will drop my rental car off at Faro and take the train to Seville
- 3 days/nights Seville - may take a side trip to Cordobab
- Should I stay overnight in Sintra - i have read there is a lot there.
- Is 1/2 a day, overnight stay, and 1/2 day enough for Evora
- Where should I stay in Algarve? Which town?
- Is 3 days/nights too much or too little in Algarve area?
- Seville - is it too much time here? Should i push it and try to get to Granada .
Thanks for any input on my trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 8 Train help for Prague
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Versailles
- 14 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Where to enjoy Paris
- 20 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Meteora for older folk
- 23 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 24 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
Hi Fine Fodors People,