Hi Fine Fodors People,
I'm planning a 14 (tourist days) trip to Portugal/Spain and ending in Madrid. 9 days in Portugal and 5 in Spain is my current plan. There is way more to do than I have time, so trying to strike a balance between experiencing many things but not rushing all the time. I am traveling solo.
I hope to experience beautiful building buildings, great food, great views Fado music, a mix of big city small towns coastal beauty (some swimming in the water...), a little adventure, and possibly some natural beauty if I can squeeze it in.
My itinerary right now is:
- 5 nights in Lisbon - side trip to Sintra (full day)
- 1 day/1 night in Evora - will rent car in Lisbon and keep throughout Algarve leg
- 3 days/3nights in Algarve - this is what I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
- Faro to Seville - will drop my rental car off at Faro and take the train to Seville
- 3 days/nights Seville - may take a side trip to Cordobab
- Should I stay overnight in Sintra - i have read there is a lot there.
- Is 1/2 a day, overnight stay, and 1/2 day enough for Evora
- Where should I stay in Algarve? Which town?
- Is 3 days/nights too much or too little in Algarve area?
- Seville - is it too much time here? Should i push it and try to get to Granada .
Thanks for any input on my trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 https://ozfacts.com/blue-fortera
- 4 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 9 35 Days?
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 16 car rental
- 17 Munich and....???
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas
Hi Fine Fodors People,